GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let me tell you a story..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/08/00 at 20:26
Regular
A long time ago I was saving my pocketmoney for a walkman. I didn't get much, so the £15 was a lot of money to me. I eventually got one for roughly that price which as well as playing tapes, also played LCD games, from carts that plugged into the top.
As it turned out, the thing didn't play tapes or games very well, and I was quite disappointed. Luckily for me, I'd bought it from Argos, so I was able to take it back a fortnight later, within their 16 days, and get my money back, and all was well.

Why tell you this? From the news from Japan, PS2 doesn't seem to be up to much as either games machine or DVD player, and like my £15 was then, £300 is a lot of queens to most people. The moral of the story then? Buy from Argos? Not quite.

Just be sure before it's too late to change your mind. That's all.
Fri 25/08/00 at 20:26
Regular
"Under the Wall"
A long time ago I was saving my pocketmoney for a walkman. I didn't get much, so the £15 was a lot of money to me. I eventually got one for roughly that price which as well as playing tapes, also played LCD games, from carts that plugged into the top.
As it turned out, the thing didn't play tapes or games very well, and I was quite disappointed. Luckily for me, I'd bought it from Argos, so I was able to take it back a fortnight later, within their 16 days, and get my money back, and all was well.

Why tell you this? From the news from Japan, PS2 doesn't seem to be up to much as either games machine or DVD player, and like my £15 was then, £300 is a lot of queens to most people. The moral of the story then? Buy from Argos? Not quite.

Just be sure before it's too late to change your mind. That's all.
Fri 25/08/00 at 22:55
Le#t me tell you a story..

There was a kid who went by the name of wax crayon, he was in the habit of dismissing consoles on heresay,he had no evidence for his rash conclusions apart from maybe the words of a DC mag or a N64 mag. One day this fool bought a dc only to discover a few months later no more game were coming ou as developer were concentratin on ps2! This poor lad cried for days and vowed never to listen to heresay.
Sat 26/08/00 at 12:07
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Excuse me Snoochie, Wax wasn't dismissing the PlayStation 2. He was merely stating that the consumer should make sure the PS2 is the console suited best for them.

Things is Snoochie, it's not just Dreamcast or Nintendo 64 publications who are dismissing the PlayStation 2 as a disappointing console thus far. It's pretty much the Gaming press as a whole.

The Japanese consumers simply aren't buying the games? Why? It doesn't take a genius to work that out. It's merely used as DVD player out in the Far East.

As for your Dreamcast developer remark, your right, some developers are ditching it. But, let's face it, the games that have been canned aren't exactly games that were going to set the world on fire were they?

However, didn't Acclaim recently ditch their Ferrari F360 title on the PS2 because development costs were going way OTT?

B/leeders
Kill Piracy!
...And is an avid visitor of DC Guide [http://www.dcguide.co.uk]
Sat 26/08/00 at 12:20
Regular
I don't think he reads any of these sort of things, now matter how many times we write it to him...
Sat 26/08/00 at 12:58
Grix i can promise i am far more intelligent than anyone like you who doesn't bother doing anything else but insulting ps2.
Sat 26/08/00 at 13:35
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
> One day this fool bought a dc only to discover a few months later
> no more game were coming ou as developer were concentratin on ps2!

[sarcastic] Oh yeah, really intelligent [/sarcastic]

B/leeders
Kill Piracy!
...And an avid visitor of DC Guide [http://www.dcguide.co.uk]
Sat 26/08/00 at 16:02
Regular
Before I start ripping the (urine), are you dyslectic? (Why is that so hard to spell?) Because if you are, I won't say a word.
Sat 26/08/00 at 16:04
Regular
LOL!! I mean dyslexic!! Sorry!!!
Sat 26/08/00 at 23:22
You my friend have not quite grasped the concept of being sarcastic, to be sarcastic you have to emphasise a word which then transforms a sentance therefore it creates a idiotic image of the person, where as you have just pointed out a few typing errors.
Sat 26/08/00 at 23:25
You my friend have not quite grasped the concept of being sarcastic, to be sarcastic you have to emphasise a word which then transforms a sentance therefore it creates a idiotic image of the person, where as you have just pointed out a few typing errors.Do you know sega means w*nker in Italian

Kill b/eeders
...I am an avid visitor of www.walkingadvert.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.