GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"need guidance guys..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/07 at 15:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
My uni graduation ceremony will take place this year on the 22nd november 2007. In theory thats when i also graduate, but this could raise problems for me.

Because i don't graduate in june, most graduate schemes might be out of my hands. I need some advice and i'm interested in what you have to say, should i still bother to take a punt at those jobs regardless? or should i spend the summer time learning to drive, take a summer job/work experience and accumalating skills?
Fri 08/06/07 at 09:23
Regular
There is no harm in looking for a job and lining it up for after you have had a bit of time off. Alot of times the interview process will take a month or so and it will take a while to find a job you want to no harm in starting to look now. I always had summer jobs because i liked to have money but it doesn't need to be anything serious. Just a waiting oir bar job with 25 hrs a week or so gives you enough money and the time to spend it.. The one thing I regret was only traveling over a summer at uni and not taking a year out to do it. If you ever think you will want to do extended travelling then do it now as once you get a job and a house there is no chance of taking a year out.... the mortgage wont wait for you!!!!
Thu 07/06/07 at 23:06
Regular
"eat toast!"
i know what you lot mean. I went to do a summer job last year for 2 months and i sometimes regret doing it. But should i start looking for jobs and then consider starting in september instead?
Thu 07/06/07 at 18:34
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I agree totally with Doom, you don't yet miss summers, but trust us when we say it's never the same again :| If I had the chance, I would take the summer off, make it a gooden, because when you start working, and you only have 20 odd days a year holiday...you will miss them!
Thu 07/06/07 at 16:08
Regular
TAKE THE SUMMER OFF. Bottom line is even with a degree proper companies want to see some form of work experiance after uni before they take the gamble. You always have to have this crappy starter job which isn't what you want but gives you the experiance. I for example worked for SR. From there, once you get a bit of time under your belt employers are far more happy to have you on board. For example after the creditors blew up SR I then worked in Bond street for 2yrs and now at a huge electronics company. Experiance aside, this is the last summer you will have. Once you are working full time. Summers are the same as every other season. Enjoy the sun, enjoy your friends and enjoy your freedom. There is much time for hard work later.
Tue 05/06/07 at 10:11
Regular
"eat toast!"
I'll probably get my results in august sometime, but i'll try and get some additional experience. Maybe i'll do some communitee work with IT or something.
Mon 04/06/07 at 16:24
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Do you get your results before then? I passed in July but my ceremony was in January and if I needed proof of holding a degree the University could write you a letter confirming you'd passed if you need it for a graduate job application etc.

As far as what to do after I finished I was exhausted and spent the summer working part time 15 hours a week while just dossing the rest and had a great time while having enough money to keep me going.

You'll probably not get the chance to do it again so if you can afford it I'd have a relaxing summer to relax.
Mon 04/06/07 at 15:30
"possibly impossible"
I'd personally go for taking the summer to do what you want and get some experience while you can. Before you know it, you'll be knee deep in work and wishing you'd done a lot more over the summer.
Mon 04/06/07 at 15:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
My uni graduation ceremony will take place this year on the 22nd november 2007. In theory thats when i also graduate, but this could raise problems for me.

Because i don't graduate in june, most graduate schemes might be out of my hands. I need some advice and i'm interested in what you have to say, should i still bother to take a punt at those jobs regardless? or should i spend the summer time learning to drive, take a summer job/work experience and accumalating skills?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.