GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony IS in financial trouble"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/08/00 at 18:43
Regular
I wrote something about the PS2 losing Sony money. Someone responded by saying that "even if the PS2 does fail, Sony will still have enough money to buy Sega and Nintendo." The is rubbish. Over half of Sony's profits come fromt the PS2, an it's sharevalue depends on the company reaching its very high expectations- something that it simply is not doing! Okay, 13 billion Yen (or what ever) is not a great deal for Sony to lose, but looking at their financial reports they should be making a HUGE profit by now as more games come out.

Rav
Fri 25/08/00 at 18:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I wrote something about the PS2 losing Sony money. Someone responded by saying that "even if the PS2 does fail, Sony will still have enough money to buy Sega and Nintendo." The is rubbish. Over half of Sony's profits come fromt the PS2, an it's sharevalue depends on the company reaching its very high expectations- something that it simply is not doing! Okay, 13 billion Yen (or what ever) is not a great deal for Sony to lose, but looking at their financial reports they should be making a HUGE profit by now as more games come out.

Rav
Fri 25/08/00 at 20:27
rav - I agree, If the games don't sell - this is where the money is - then Sony will cry with financial dismember-ness type o thang. NE way the Sony PS2 loses Sony money as they sell for less than it costs to produce. Also, The DVD market is booming - what will happen to the games? The PS2 is not a games machine. It is anoverhypedbitofsh!te which has poor Quality DVd.
But its selling well.? The sales will drop very soon. And do you remember the DC sales in Japan when it first came out? they were very close to the PS2.
Fri 25/08/00 at 20:39
Regular
Another thing that will trouble them is piracy. Once people get hold of DVD writers and chips, Sony will lose a hell of a lot of money. Nintendo have seen this, and have made specially constructed discs to prevent this from happening AND have made the disc nearly impossible to crack. (No not snap in two, hack into...) I am not sure about the DVD quality though, I have heard no complaints up to now about the DVD playing (saying that, I haven't heard any praise either...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.