GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rolex.com - email spam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/11/10 at 17:43
"Are you sure?"
Spam: "Rolex.com WANTS TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU "

Any other Freeola customers getting spammed with Rolex.com emails?

All of my numerous Freeola accounts seem to be getting this one.

'[email protected]' shows as the sender - A Google shows this as spamtastic!

This can't be helping Freeola's ongoing email problems.
Freeola, let me know if you need message headers etc. if you aren't seeing this.

Scary how these emails are reaching me but my Freeola Support Ticket acknowledgement (see broadband post) hasn't arrived :¬(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 04/12/10 at 08:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
I seem to be getting an increased number of spam mails over the last few days,most are in English but some are in Chinese !?!?.Just thought I'd mention it.
Fri 19/11/10 at 12:20
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
@ 50 char rule: Because that's how the forums are. We have our reasons, that only we know (possibly) :;)

@the spam: It's ongoing, we have passed the details on to the relevant parties. I can not promise more than that at this stage.
Fri 19/11/10 at 08:41
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to the forums ahaveland!

I also received a nice selection of Rolex spam this morning - hopefully Freeola will be able to implement something soon.

This spam was also briefly discussed in the 'email outage' thread and it sounded as if Freeola were going to be blocking it...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/11/10 at 01:23
Regular
You can stop these Rolex spams - I am blocking hundreds of them a day for my customers.

All of them are arriving from botnet zombies and trying to send as [email protected]

Fortunately it seems that Rolex have finally added an SPF record:
dig txt rolex.com
"v=spf1 a:bmx.rolex.com a:amx.rolex.com -all"

So just configure your mailer to reject according to their -all policy, and all the rolex spam will go away:

Milter: from=, reject=550 5.7.1 Rejected, look at http://www.openspf.org/why.html?sender= [email protected] &ip=123.24.104.248&receiver=xxxx

The world could be much more of a spam free place if only paypal.com and others would implement -all

(later, 50 char limit on words? Why?)
Fri 12/11/10 at 08:34
"Are you sure?"
Morning.
I've just sent some Rolex spam samples to abuse@ as requested.

The same spam to 4 different Freeola domains.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 10/11/10 at 15:33
"Are you sure?"
Thanks everyone.

My test tickets came through fine.
The missing one was down to my typo!

Too much pressure the last week at Hmmm...towers!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 10/11/10 at 15:17
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hmmm... wrote:
moto mentioned some freeola.co.uk addresses were having issues - I think you use that domain for your Tickets.

Not that its terribly important, but the issue was to do with incoming mail, the ticket system doesn't use e-mail when you create a ticket or when you reply :).
Wed 10/11/10 at 14:41
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We are still receiving the usual amount of tickets and replies to our responses so I don't think there is any issue there.

No one else has commented that they haven't recevied our response either so it looks localised at the moment.

Please send through another test (or 2) and I'll try and get some responses out ASAP. Alternate addresses might be helpful too, (Freeola and non-Freeola).
Wed 10/11/10 at 13:59
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the phone calls today Warhunt.

A bit worrying that none of your ticket replies made it to me - unless I messed up my email address?

Would you like me to generate another Support Ticket as a test?
moto mentioned some freeola.co.uk addresses were having issues - I think you use that domain for your Tickets.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 10/11/10 at 10:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It appears one of my colleagues has also received one of those mails, so hopefully we can pull the headers from that. As usual though all we can is inform the email provider that this is happening.

As for your other point, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want me to check that your ticket was answered/received or that your mail to the abuse@ address came through?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.