GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Webserver 9 /MySQL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/11/10 at 21:59
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Just a heads up - either WebServer 9 or MySQL server is behaving badly.

My site members are reporting it running very slowly with frequent mysql errors like : Can't connect to MySQL server on '93.174.140.81' (4) .

[edit] My own internet connection is acting up too - but that may be coincidence.

Regards

JTD
Mon 08/11/10 at 16:02
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
thanks for the responses.

Site seems to behaving itself now.

JTD
Mon 08/11/10 at 11:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sorry for the delay.

At around the time (almost exactly) you posted, we were seeing increased load times due to strain on the server.

This seems to have been caused by a rather large backup being run. Problem was shortly resolved, so hopefully Hmmm... results hold true for you.

@Hmmm... comment directly : I don't think DL's comment is directly related, however there could have been some slight routing issues that caused the general blip. Although this has not been reported to us.
Mon 08/11/10 at 09:06
"Are you sure?"
Hi JTD,
I have a few (non MySQL) sites on Webserver 9 and they appear to be running normally this morning.

Have things changed for you since last night?

Looks more MySQL related going by your post.
Obviously you also having connection problems won't be helping you see the problem!

EDIT: I've just seen DL's post in General Chat (9.30pm) from last night - it sounds as if Freeola was having a funny turn around the time of your problem...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 07/11/10 at 21:59
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Just a heads up - either WebServer 9 or MySQL server is behaving badly.

My site members are reporting it running very slowly with frequent mysql errors like : Can't connect to MySQL server on '93.174.140.81' (4) .

[edit] My own internet connection is acting up too - but that may be coincidence.

Regards

JTD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.