GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWW and Non-WWW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/11/10 at 00:14
one of my sites does not show up when I type in the non-www eg http://mysite.com instead of www.mysite.com.
I presume there is a simple fix, and I have to change a setting.
Anybody point me in the right direction, thanks.
Sat 06/11/10 at 17:07
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
Ah, not me you need to thank this time. Moto sorted it for you as I passed on details of how to do it so I don't have to any more!

Thanks Moto!
Don't let Eccles keep too many secrets ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 06/11/10 at 16:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Hmmm... wrote:
While you're there!

All working.
Thanks Eccles :¬)

Ah, not me you need to thank this time. Moto sorted it for you as I passed on details of how to do it so I don't have to any more!

Don't you just love Freeola....it's the 'bee's knees'....well done to all.
Sat 06/11/10 at 16:25
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hmmm... wrote:
While you're there!

All working.

Sat 06/11/10 at 15:38
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
While you're there!

All working.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 06/11/10 at 15:24
What service, eh Hmmm!
following my support ticket request, the DNS records were manually changed - literally within just a few minutes on a saturday afternoon. As always, highly impressed with the technical service and customer service.
Sat 06/11/10 at 15:06
"Are you sure?"
That looks better - found the domain in the OP's profile ;¬)

While you're there!
I've submitted Ticket 165043 to get one of my 10 year old domains sorted!

Thanks in advance.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 06/11/10 at 15:00
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Should be working on www and non-ww now.
Sat 06/11/10 at 14:16
You're right - its an old domain, something like ten years old.
I've dropped a support ticket!
Many thanks for the prompt replies
Sat 06/11/10 at 09:16
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
As Hmmm... has said, some older domain names may not have the DNS records created for the www. sub-domain.

The easiest way to resolve the issue is to drop us a Support Ticket so that we can add these records in manually for you, otherwise if you were to un-assign your domain name from your web folder and re-assign it, this would usually do the trick I believe (but can't be certain!).
Sat 06/11/10 at 08:59
"Are you sure?"
I'm guessing this site was registered quite a few years ago?

I used to have quite a few domains like this (I did come across another one just the other day).

I asked Freeola (via Support Ticket) to make the non-www/www change as it wasn't something the user could do themselves.

That was quite a few years ago so MyFreeola 'may' allow you control - but I think it's probably still Freeola that will have to arrange the change for you.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.