GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your Proudest Gaming Accomplishments."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/10 at 22:26
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Do you remember any particular moments when you've been playing a game that have just stuck in your head, and gave you that sense of pride when you'd achieved something you thought was pretty special?

There are two instances that stick in my mind:

Completing Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive when I was 7 years old.

It may not seem like much now, but it was the first game I ever fully completed and in the days where you couldn't save, for a 7 year old I think that was pretty good.

Gaining all weapons for every character in Soulblade on the PS1

This took me absolutely ages, and some of the fights were incredibly difficult. I slugged away at this game for months and was so chuffed when I got the last weapon.

So those are the two that stick in my head the most, how about you?
Tue 30/11/10 at 11:15
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Finishing my first ever point/click mystery game. It was a Famous Five game, and I must have only been seven or something simular. But I remember finishing it very well, where I was and about what time etc..

More recent....Finishing the Clannad Visual Novel. Does that count? Anyway I spent absolutely ages trying to go down every path, and finish all the scenes etc...Finally seeing the last credits roll on my screen was so special
Tue 16/11/10 at 17:15
Regular
getting 40 kills in a row on cod mw2
Mon 08/11/10 at 18:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Getting paid by a few people at my school to unlock 007 mode, the extra levels, all weapons, invincibility, invisibility, and some other cheats in Goldeneye. It wasn't a lot of cash in retrospect, but it was fun (if a little sad) being the "go to" guy for people wanting stuff unlocked in Goldeneye...

[Edit] - also finally unlocking all the cheats in Perfect Dark. I think the main game of PD was easier, but I seem to remember unlocking everything was a lot harder.

Oh, and unlocking all the F-Zero X stuff, including that wierd random map generator mode.

I think I overplayed most games I got for the N64...
Mon 08/11/10 at 10:08
Regular
"And in last place.."
I felt quite proud of myself when I got 100% complete on Burnout Paradise. For most it just takes a considerable amount of time and effort but I am so crap at the Stunt Runs that I never believed I'd ever do it.
Sun 07/11/10 at 21:12
Regular
Got a real Mew in Pokemon

Had to go to an event at Toy's R Us and see a hot girl from my school who worked there. This was at the embarrassing age of sixteen.
Sun 07/11/10 at 12:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The amount of times I've taken every FF to 100% 0_o

And the list of "extra game modes" i've completed. No materia on FF7? Tough nuts.

Also getting every char to max stats (cept luck obv) in FF10 -_- Took a century almost.
Sat 06/11/10 at 14:08
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't really have any accomplishments that I'm really proud of. I was pleased to finish Sonic 2 when I first got the game. It was fairly late at night and I defeated the final boss the 'proper' way rather than the quicker way I found after that.

I've completed my fair share of games but nothing that sticks in my mind more than any other. I've had the odd challenge thrown my way and I've found a way to do it, like Quackshot in under an hour without losing a life or 21 seconds on Green Hill Act 1.

I guess I see accomplishments differently then most. I'm always striving for perfection so unless I'm one of few people to have done it, I don't see it as anything special.
Sat 06/11/10 at 13:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
I cheated with my proudest one, but it took me ages regardless. Getting every pokemon and 'rare candying' them all to level 100 :P
Sat 06/11/10 at 08:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
I was about to give up after 3 nights trying to beat General whatever his name was in Gears Of War.He was solid and your A.I. controlled partner just ran straight at him and died leaving you to fight him single handed.Even if you managed to revive him the twerp would just go and instantly get himself killed again,not really all that helpful.After nearly hurling the controller through the TV in frustration I spoke to my mates little brother who grunted ''shoot him in the head'' , I replied that I had already tried that so he then offered a further pearl of wisdom ''shoot him in the head some more''.This advice did eventually work as on the eleventy billionth attempt he just died.Weird thing was when I played through the game again a year later I beat him on about the 3rd attempt ?.Most ridiculously hard game I've played was Ninja Gaiden 2,gave up on that after about the 3rd level.
Fri 05/11/10 at 23:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Final Fantasy VII
After playing it for 6 months I finally get to the crater and find you can't save. I get right down to the bottom and die, at about 3am. Thoroughly annoyed, I try again and finally complete it sometime after 7am. Then I get dressed and head off to do my Geography GCSE 3 hours later.

Jurassic Park SNES
Probably the most robbed I've ever felt having completed a game. It was a difficult and long game, you finally escape via the helecopter after weeks of playing and what do you get? "Well done, you've escaped Jurassic Park" And that's all

Broken Sword
There were probably more difficult puzzles but the one that sticks with everyone is that frickin' goat.

MGS Snake Eater
The End. Wasn't majorly hard but highly enjoyable

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.