GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many playstations does anyone wreckon will come out?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 22:25
Regular
Does anyone know or able to guess on how many playstations will come out?
I wreckon 6-7.
Can anyone tell me or can they guess?
Sat 01/12/01 at 23:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, I don't think there will be any more "playstation"s... that would be too naff...

I terms of how many consoles Sony will make, these predictions of 6-7 are outrageous. Think about it- consoles last about 4 years on average, so 7*4 = 42 years. In 42 years time technology have changed so much that console may not exist in their current form! Certainly the Silicon microchip will have been replaced... who knows, maybe we'll have quantum computers!

sonic
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:54
Now that is a good point!
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:51
Pro Evo wrote:

Then again, as long as the console is
good, does it matter what its called?

Good point, why fix it if its not broke?
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:49
The shops defo suck the life out of us, because they bring out something new and everyones all over it then they bring out another thing and they forget about the other thing and go and buy the new one.
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:47
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Before answering this question, look to the past. There has never been, to my knowledge a console 3, the only one i can think of with 2 is Mega Drive 1 and 2, other than this there are non.Nintendo went for Nes then Snes ect, there has never been a 3 in the sequence.

Why? Well my idea is that a new name created more interest, and that is true. X-box and GC are new names and already they have been very hyped, but if this is true, why has PS2 done well. Maybe because PS1 was so successful and Playstation became a household name, this meant that PS2 already had a lot of interest and so sold many to date.

As for the future, for all we know Sony, though unlikly Sony may not even make another console, but if they do i think they will change the name, after all, there is no good milking the name so to speak.

Then again, as long as the console is good, does it matter what its called?
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Sony could become like nintendo. They might end up making quite a few consoles, then people will look back on the playstation like the NES. I think Sony have got a lot of console life in them yet. Maybe another 2-4.
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:43
Dam right, because there will be better games and graphics!
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:40
I think AfroJoe has got it about right there, maybe the question should be sony consoles. And in that case i have no idea at all, but i think 6 or 7 is gonna be more likely than 1 or 2.

Who knows?

We can only hope!!!
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:38
Okay maybe 6-7 is a bit over but you have to say 1-2 must come out then like you say we will go on somthing else that comes out.
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You could have put this topic a different way, like how many Sony consoles will come out? I honestly don't know how many. Until Sony become less popular I suppose.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.