GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube- Will there be a football management game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/03 at 19:45
Regular
The question that has been on my mind for a good couple of days now is the question "Will a football management game like LMA MANAGER or something be coming out for gamecube?????????"
So if anyone knows if there will be a management game, can you PLEASE reply.
Sun 06/04/03 at 22:45
Regular
People love football i even think its more of a sport than american football or skating.
People who don't like football think too casually about it '22 players in shorts, trying to kick a ball' it's more than that, in football there's so much involved in it passion and atmosphere, and if you play it, it means excercise, teamwork and overall a good laugh.
I've supported arsenal for 8 years and i've played Champ man since the beginning, i'd love being in charge of arsenal in a game and setting my favourite club up in the way i like.
Even when it comes down to Man u vs Arsenal in the game you want to win that match, and losing hurts because i have a passion for arsenal.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:50
Regular
Guess what... I do get exercise...every week...I play for a footy team...Stupid...
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:33
Regular
do you just dislike football management games or will you play, games like fifa?
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:52
Regular
there we go silk i have written an essay on the virtues of champ manager:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk /display_messages.php?threadid=73347&forumid=185

(space after .co.uk)
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:29
Regular
125,000 bought CM4 over the weekend.

Do you really need an explanation?

"and by real I meant involving as in you play an active role and your not constantly doing the same thing over and over"

In a sense, all games are the same thing over and over. Run...jump...shoot...duck.

Its just all different scenario's. Trust me, you are playing an active role if you can guide Stevenage from the conference to the premiership. Perhaps it isnt a "real" game, either way its my most played game by miles. And i own a Xbox, GameCube and a PS2. nothing beats Champ manager for the amount of hours you get out of it.
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:40
Regular
"DS..."
I agree with Edgy as I also find Football management games boring and I also hate football with a passion and I just don't see the attraction of playing a game where you just basically set up teams etc and just sit there and watch the matches take place as a constant statistical update, of so theres probably more to it than that as any football management fanatic will probably tell me but that seems to be the jist of it.

Personally I like to play games that are more Involving and it does'nt get more involving then Metroid Prime, beleive me and I am totally immersed in Metroid at the moment, but what I just can't understand is how (as Ashley aforementioned) you can play a football management game which in my view is actually a Simulation and not a game (allthough it's boderline) then a Real game, and by real I meant involving as in you play an active role and your not constantly doing the same thing over and over, so could someone please tell me what is SO good about football management sims? as I can honestly not see how people get so much out of them, is it just me or does anyone else feel the same? in any case i'll shut up for the moment. :)

slik ~_~
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:11
Regular
heh
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:06
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> don't actually play football
>
> Now isnt that shocking on a football MANAGEMENT game.

I was five, I didn't even know football had managers!
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:04
Regular
Edgy wrote:
don't actually play football

Now isnt that shocking on a football MANAGEMENT game.
Wed 02/04/03 at 13:59
Regular
I consider football management games extremely boring.

What doesn't help their case is when I was around five, I waited for many MANY minutes for my footy games to load on the ZX Spectrum only to find you don't actually play football, you move a few players round and watch as scores appear onscreen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.