GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"P.N.03 and Soul Calibur 2 arrived yesterday......impressions inside...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 00:03
Regular
i recieved my copy yest4erday and within 2hrs and 56mins i had finished it on easy.
tried it on hard after and it was a great deal harder!

after finishing on easy i recieved the balckbird suit and its powered up to the max on all
Energy, palm shot, and barrier all full.

All in all a great game, it addds something new and fresh to the gamecube, and its hard to comparet o any other game!
the graphics are amazing and the detail is impressive.
loading times are ok, not slow and not quick, but good.
sound is awesome, with a great mix of drum and bass and techno-ish background music!

Also recieved Soul Calibur 2 and i have to say it is very good! i have finished it with 4 characters so far.
Link is playable fromt he get go and so far he is my fave character.
with Astaroth a close 2nd.
Wed 02/04/03 at 00:03
Regular
i recieved my copy yest4erday and within 2hrs and 56mins i had finished it on easy.
tried it on hard after and it was a great deal harder!

after finishing on easy i recieved the balckbird suit and its powered up to the max on all
Energy, palm shot, and barrier all full.

All in all a great game, it addds something new and fresh to the gamecube, and its hard to comparet o any other game!
the graphics are amazing and the detail is impressive.
loading times are ok, not slow and not quick, but good.
sound is awesome, with a great mix of drum and bass and techno-ish background music!

Also recieved Soul Calibur 2 and i have to say it is very good! i have finished it with 4 characters so far.
Link is playable fromt he get go and so far he is my fave character.
with Astaroth a close 2nd.
Wed 02/04/03 at 00:20
Regular
Japanese versions?
Wed 02/04/03 at 09:06
"For the horde!!!!"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Japanese versions?

They must be
Wed 02/04/03 at 09:35
Regular
"DS..."
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Japanese versions?
>
> They must be

no sherlock *rolls eyes*

slik ~_~
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:38
Regular
"accidental superher"
i read of a hands on preview of P.N.03 on gamespot...and they said it was quite cumbersome to play and that you can only fire when you're standing still which makes it less cool
i want to be able to flip around the place whilst shooting!
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
What is P.N.03....im sure it is quite obvious..but humour me!!
Wed 02/04/03 at 10:59
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
beanz wrote:
> i read of a hands on preview of P.N.03 on gamespot...and they said it
> was quite cumbersome to play and that you can only fire when you're
> standing still which makes it less cool
> i want to be able to flip around the place whilst shooting!

That's because GS suck at games! ^_^

Had a quick blast on P.N.03 last-night and it seems decent enough, although I reckon there's a combo-system in there somewhere...
Wed 02/04/03 at 11:00
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
therage79 wrote:
> What is P.N.03....im sure it is quite obvious..but humour me!!

Product Number 3. Brought to us by the chap behind the Resident Evil series.
Wed 02/04/03 at 11:58
Regular
beanz wrote:

> i want to be able to flip around the place whilst shooting!

That's all she ever seems to be doing in the game play movies i've seen.

It looks kinda like Devil May Cry in a futuristic setting, laced with crack and mixed with a bit of Space Channel 5.

Tell me Mr Bear, does the whole game take place in the futuristic white bulding type areas and the outdoor areas, or are the released screenshots only of a few levels?
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:32
Regular
P.N.03 is amazing!
yes, the controls are a bit odd at first, but after the first level you become accustomed.

yes, they are jap versions.

no, you cannot run and shoot at the same time, but i agree GS do suck at games.

Combos are possible, but only as special moves.
you use the analog stick to control character, and then use the D-Pad to execute combos.
Eg. left right and A does a huge blast, one is called Pegasus, and others are Swan.

The levels arent very varied and only consist of either outdoors in a deserty kind of place or inside in white walled buildings.
i was hoping for more variety later on but alas, none appeared.

some rooms are HUGE and offer a lot of roaming, but not immense amounts.

The bosses are impressive, but as i only played it on easy, they werent too taxing.
The final Boss was tough and took a few lives/continues (you only get one life to each continue) to beat.

After each level you get a choice of entering the shop and buying items eg suits and continues etc.
Or buying powerups, ie palm shot powerups, or Barrier, Energy and also the chance to buy new special moves.

After one completion on EASY level i received a Blackbird suit.

any more questions please ask, and ill be happy to help.

thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.