GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems uploading 450-Error during write to file: No space left on device"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/06/07 at 21:43
Regular
This is really strange, I keep getting the following error on CORE FTP LE

450-Error during write to file: No space left on device

I've never had this before, I've deleted alot of files already to free up space, but this error stops me from uploading the full file

STOR index.html
Connect socket #760 to 81.31.99.17, port 60111...
150 Accepted data connection
450 index.html partially uploaded
index.html - 24017 bytes transferred
PASV

Any ideas what to do?
Tue 26/06/07 at 18:45
Staff
Apologies for the misinformation, we have circulated to the staff that filezilla has an option to view hidden files, I was only made aware of that by our systems department in the last few days, up to that point we believed this was a feature of Unix servers and could not be changed.
Tue 26/06/07 at 18:43
Staff
The last 4 servers have now been upgraded, so we should not have disk space issues again (or at least for a very long time).
Mon 25/06/07 at 20:42
Regular
I appreciate the "unlimited" space provided by Freeola.
I can also understand its rather ambitious and can be quite costly to keep up to that promise. Therefore, keep up good work Freeola, you provide great value for the money, if there are problems with your disk space sometimes, I can understand your situation, I dont think its a reason to leave your service (providing the problem handled in due time).

Thank you everyone for the information.

My website space is now working great again, thanks.
Tue 05/06/07 at 03:34
Regular
"We are not alone..."
A big thank you! for the FileZilla suggestion, all my .file problems have faded away, yet when I wasted £1.90p this morning phoning Freeola technical support, I was SO MIS-INFORMED about the handling of .files, in that I was firmly informed that I would not be able to gain access to .files (once uploaded).

What's the point in phoning the support team if they do not know answers that seem to be freely available.

I also found how to get CuteFTP to show hidden files (adding -a) to the server filter setting done it for me. Lovely jubly!

Once again I thank you for the most useful tip.

PS. Let's just hope now FREEOLA can sort out this damned no space on device error, because I keep getting it now, and infuriatingly cannot upload files. Surely it's mis-representing a product by description to have a main selling point that offers 'UNLIMITED WEB SPACE', when this is clearly not the case.
Mon 04/06/07 at 12:05
"Are you sure?"
For FTP I use FileZilla [URL]http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla[/URL] a free open source application.

Make sure you've 'checked' the 'show hidden files' to see .htaccess etc.

Hope that helps.

A quick google for cuteftp pro and hidden files, shows lots of info for you.

eg. ...the issue with the htaccess files not showing up, thanks to comparing versions of 6 and 8. In Global settings -> Navigation -> Links, I had the "server side resolution" box checked to use the -L method. When that was unchecked, all my files showed up that were -a.
Mon 04/06/07 at 11:23
Regular
"We are not alone..."
This answers my first question, about the supposed UNLIMITED web space issue, where yesturday I was performing my usual weekend updates and noticed that I continued receiving the 'no space on device' error, Very confusing and annoying, I even went to the trouble of removing a couple of large dormant files, I say large I mean about 300Mb worth, still I couldn't FTP upload.

The second issue I have is with the inability to delete folders that have either .htaccess or .htpasswd files in them due to the fact that my version of cuteFTP Professionl cannot see the files in said folders once uploaded, and I keep receiving folder not empty error messages when I attempt to remove these folders. My question is: is there any recommended software or method for me to see the .htaccess or .htpasswd files. surely if I can see them I should be able to delete them? yes/no?
Mon 04/06/07 at 10:34
Staff
I have now cleared some space on this server, we still have 4 servers waiting to be upgraded to the new specification, once this has been done, we should not have this sort of issue again.
Sun 03/06/07 at 22:38
Regular
I had this not so long back also - I think it's just a case of the admins ensuring the disc space in whichever server your site is on gets a bit more HD space. They'll most likely do this by moving one or more sites to another server (completely transparently) or by adding more HDs. I guess the only resolution is to wait or contact support directly (click the Help & Support link).
Sun 03/06/07 at 21:43
Regular
This is really strange, I keep getting the following error on CORE FTP LE

I've never had this before, I've deleted alot of files already to free up space, but this error stops me from uploading the full file

STOR index.html
Connect socket #760 to 81.31.99.17, port 60111...
150 Accepted data connection
450 index.html partially uploaded
index.html - 24017 bytes transferred
PASV

Any ideas what to do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.