GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my ps2 makes a strange noise when loading"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 15:15
Regular
this happens on demso only it make a stange noise like its powering up or sommit
Mon 03/12/01 at 19:53
yo peepz i have had 2 PS2s 1 only from now on and they both made that noise when loading for cd-rom games upright or flat its not a problem don't worry
Sat 01/12/01 at 21:33
Like a CD/DVD ROM drive spinning in a PC?
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:49
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The reason why it makes the noise is that the demo is on CD, games that are on CD do not use the DVD drive and so they make a noise when played, such games as Fifa 2001. The best way to know which games will do this is the ones with blue undersides.

Games on DVD format are alot quieter, the ones with silver undersides.
Sat 01/12/01 at 17:34
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Have you made sure the PS2 is not on a dodgy shelf. When I first used my PS2, I thought it was really noisy, so I moved it onto a stable table and its fine for me.
(stable table, HA I'm a poet and I don't know it!)
Sat 01/12/01 at 15:24
Regular
it does that with certain games its vibrating
Sat 01/12/01 at 15:15
this happens on demso only it make a stange noise like its powering up or sommit

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.