GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War in the Middle East."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/11/10 at 01:15
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I imagine this has probably been discussed numerous times on these forums before, but I just wanted to say a few things about the War in the Middle East, and get my views across.

I suppose the big question that everyone would like to know the truth about is the reason for why we and the US are over there for in the first place. The freedom of Iraq and Afghanistans people, Oil or something else entirely?

I have a personal belief that the real reason we are over there is actually mainly due to the possible threat Iran may pose to the West if it continues with its Nuclear Missile programme.

If you think about the two countries we are in (Iraq and Afghanistan) they border Iran to the East and West which basically means that if the US and the UK have allies in these countries we are in perfect flanking positions if anything did kick off and the US did decide to go for Iran. So I believe the whole plan is to have bases already built on the borders of these countries so that we are ready should the worst happen.

I don't neccesarily believe that the US invaded these countries in retaliation of 9/11, in fact I am one of the people that is far from convinced that anyone in these countries was responsible at all.

As horrible as it may sound I would not put anything past the US government that was in power when the decision to go to war was issued, and yes I will say it, I think there is a strong possibility that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government or they at least knew it was going to happen. This was their 'perfect' excuse to go over to the Middle East no questions asked.

So do I agree with the war that is taking place? If I'm being honest, no I don't. I have every respect for every soldier out there, I really do, but I just don't believe they should be there. I believe they fight for a cause they strongly believe in and I don't want to take anything away from them, but I feel that both the US and UK governments are lieing straight to their faces.

Well I think I've said all I wanted to say, and I know everyone has different opinions on this subject, but I suppose we will all just have to see what happens in the future to see if the truth rears its head.

My personal opinion is that we may withdraw for a short period of time but only when we have made considerable allies in the Middle East, and then it'll all kick off again when the US decides it's had enough of waiting around and goes for Iran.

These are obviously just my personal views and I apologize if my opinions may have offended or angered some people.
Mon 01/11/10 at 01:15
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I imagine this has probably been discussed numerous times on these forums before, but I just wanted to say a few things about the War in the Middle East, and get my views across.

I suppose the big question that everyone would like to know the truth about is the reason for why we and the US are over there for in the first place. The freedom of Iraq and Afghanistans people, Oil or something else entirely?

I have a personal belief that the real reason we are over there is actually mainly due to the possible threat Iran may pose to the West if it continues with its Nuclear Missile programme.

If you think about the two countries we are in (Iraq and Afghanistan) they border Iran to the East and West which basically means that if the US and the UK have allies in these countries we are in perfect flanking positions if anything did kick off and the US did decide to go for Iran. So I believe the whole plan is to have bases already built on the borders of these countries so that we are ready should the worst happen.

I don't neccesarily believe that the US invaded these countries in retaliation of 9/11, in fact I am one of the people that is far from convinced that anyone in these countries was responsible at all.

As horrible as it may sound I would not put anything past the US government that was in power when the decision to go to war was issued, and yes I will say it, I think there is a strong possibility that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government or they at least knew it was going to happen. This was their 'perfect' excuse to go over to the Middle East no questions asked.

So do I agree with the war that is taking place? If I'm being honest, no I don't. I have every respect for every soldier out there, I really do, but I just don't believe they should be there. I believe they fight for a cause they strongly believe in and I don't want to take anything away from them, but I feel that both the US and UK governments are lieing straight to their faces.

Well I think I've said all I wanted to say, and I know everyone has different opinions on this subject, but I suppose we will all just have to see what happens in the future to see if the truth rears its head.

My personal opinion is that we may withdraw for a short period of time but only when we have made considerable allies in the Middle East, and then it'll all kick off again when the US decides it's had enough of waiting around and goes for Iran.

These are obviously just my personal views and I apologize if my opinions may have offended or angered some people.
Mon 01/11/10 at 02:18
Regular
"How Ironic"
All I can say is that Iran and the other countries in the middle east are far from being the only threats to America and England. Why we have troops out there? Personally, I believe it's a combination of stupidity and need for natural resources/wealth.

*EDIT*
I don't believe in any sort of war. How on earth can you fight for peace?
Mon 01/11/10 at 08:43
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
To take a different view I'm extremely fed up with people wholeheartedly swallowing the bull story that the media has fabricated to make a story out of it.

Has no one stopped to ask why the media were all for it when it started, then all of a sudden took a massive U-turn? It's all story selling rubbish.

I do not trust government entirely as I don;t trust anyone really fully (as corruption occurs at all levels of life), but to start making up extreme stories and then trying to say its fact because there is no evidence to the contrary? Hmmmmmmmmm sounds like the religion debate to me.

The same argument could be used for the opposing thought tbh though as well. Evidence of WMD anyone?

I for one feel the world is a better place without Mr. Hussain, and it would be without AL Q, and the rather aptly named Been Laid-Down.

The people who genuinely believe that there was no real reason to go in despite the oil have to look at their overly cynical view of the world and maybe adjust things a bit?
Mon 01/11/10 at 10:40
"possibly impossible"
I think the main issue with that view is; why didn't they go to war with other, even worse, dictators? Africa, North Korea, Turkmenistan, Burma...even China to a certain extent.
Mon 01/11/10 at 15:49
Regular
"How Ironic"
pb wrote:
I think the main issue with that view is; why didn't they go to war with other, even worse, dictators? Africa, North Korea, Turkmenistan, Burma...even China to a certain extent.

Bingo

What do I win? :D
Mon 01/11/10 at 16:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I'm not saying that the dictator was their only goal. But saying that it wasn't a valid point in nigh on stupidity that the media have the population gobbling up.

If I'm being cynical? Then the other motives were probably not oil based still. Have oil prices gone down or up since the war? Hmmmmm....

As for other dictators? They weren't as politically hated as the targets, nor did they (stretching perhaps) have a reason to retaliate. They have to have some support from the UN, even if not full approval. Let's not forget that only a couple of countries were staunchly against the declaration of war (even if they didn't join it).

Sudam was given a chance (a fair chance) to play ball, he did not. Al Q claimed the bombings, and then based themselves in Iraq (mainly, debateable).

Wanna point out I am by no means defending the government for the choices, as I really don't know.

I am however arguing against overly cynical views. The world seems to suddenly think that because there were other motives, removing these threats was a bad thing 0_o
Mon 01/11/10 at 19:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Putting all this rhetoric aside....it reminds me that many years ago, after the end of WW2 and other areas of minor conflict within the world, the world did enjoy a period of some stability within its dealings with one another. At this time though, one important comment from this period of relative stability springs to mind.....if another World War were to start the most likely area would be the Middle East! Following the conflicts between Israel and Egypt in the late 60's, this comment does now seem to beginning to bear fruit :¬(
Mon 01/11/10 at 20:26
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb wrote:

Because the US economy is financially reliant on oil. And they'd get a good kicking if they messed with China.

And I'd like to add that this idea that the US manufactured 9/11 is a nonsense but I could totally believe that they let it happen.
In regards to Iraq, in my mind there is absolutely no question that that was was/is illegal but was an unfortunate necessity given the outlook for that whole area.
Mon 01/11/10 at 20:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
All I can say is that Iran and the other countries in the middle east are far from being the only threats to America and England. Why we have troops out there? Personally, I believe it's a combination of stupidity and need for natural resources/wealth.

*EDIT*
I don't believe in any sort of war. How on earth can you fight for peace?

Without adding any description, don't you mean the UK? I'm sure that there are some members of the British Forces that would have something to say about their inclusion within 'England'.

It also depends on whose definition of 'peace'.
Mon 01/11/10 at 21:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
When I refer to England, I'm referring to the terror threat, rather than actual involvement in the war. English cities are probably priority targets for terrorists, although I suppose any location in the west that has alot of people gathered at one time should be considered as a potential danger area.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.