GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fake or Beauty Queen?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 09:35
Regular
I remember when the Tomb raider games were popular, some people still probably play them.

One thing struck me though and it was the fact that all my my mates were in love with Lara Croft, how sad I mean after all she is only computer graphics.

Ok you have the film now but I am not talking about that.

Can you tell me who could ever fall in love with a computer character?

The game was hugely popular, did people buy because it was a great game or did they buy it beacause of Miss Croft?

Does image really matter within a game?, I must admit when I play beat em ups I always go for the ones who look the coolest to play.

If image really mattered, can you tell me why then that a hedgehog and Plumber are two of the most played characters?

Do you think people are sucked in to buy games because there is a groovy chick in it, are we that gullable, it must be so otherwise the programers wouldn't do it?

Tell me your views, are you in love with a computer chick?
or are too mature to be caught up in that arena?

Let me Know

Cheers Crusher.
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:45
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I don't like Lara. She's german. No offence but as you will realise later on in your life, only German girls carry guns. And have such large breasts.
Sat 01/12/01 at 17:53
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
The movie had crap storyline and people only saw it cos of Angelina Jolie

Anyway you would have trouble being an adventuring woman with long hair and a 36DD cos it would get in the way.

*ahem*
Sat 01/12/01 at 16:03
FantasyMeister wrote:
Yep, same here, I always go for the
> Nissan over the Fiat in Gran Turismo, Man Utd over Scunthorpe in FIFA, and
> prefer Sonic to Knuckles simply because Sonic is da man.

The thing about Tomb
> Raider is that the Lara Croft character was 'unique' in the sense that she was
> the first mainstream FEMALE gaming character starring in her own title. You
> didn't have a choice, you HAD to play using her character.

Female characters
> have always been around in the form of RPG characters in PC games, but given the
> choice I always went with the Warrior who was wearing the most armor at the time
> (usually a bloke).

I don't think 'love' comes into it (or else I'd be
> seriously worried about WWF games). We all get kinda attached to our ingame
> personas, and don't like it when we get shot, drop off a cliff, or God forbid
> lose a life. I think an 'affection' or 'preference' is possible
> though.

Although I do have a thing for Ulala from Space Channel 5...

I must admit that the space channel 5 chick does look alright.
Sat 01/12/01 at 10:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Crusher wrote:
"I must admit when I play beat em ups I always go for the ones who look the coolest to play"

Yep, same here, I always go for the Nissan over the Fiat in Gran Turismo, Man Utd over Scunthorpe in FIFA, and prefer Sonic to Knuckles simply because Sonic is da man.

The thing about Tomb Raider is that the Lara Croft character was 'unique' in the sense that she was the first mainstream FEMALE gaming character starring in her own title. You didn't have a choice, you HAD to play using her character.

Female characters have always been around in the form of RPG characters in PC games, but given the choice I always went with the Warrior who was wearing the most armor at the time (usually a bloke).

I don't think 'love' comes into it (or else I'd be seriously worried about WWF games). We all get kinda attached to our ingame personas, and don't like it when we get shot, drop off a cliff, or God forbid lose a life. I think an 'affection' or 'preference' is possible though.

Although I do have a thing for Ulala from Space Channel 5...
Sat 01/12/01 at 09:35
I remember when the Tomb raider games were popular, some people still probably play them.

One thing struck me though and it was the fact that all my my mates were in love with Lara Croft, how sad I mean after all she is only computer graphics.

Ok you have the film now but I am not talking about that.

Can you tell me who could ever fall in love with a computer character?

The game was hugely popular, did people buy because it was a great game or did they buy it beacause of Miss Croft?

Does image really matter within a game?, I must admit when I play beat em ups I always go for the ones who look the coolest to play.

If image really mattered, can you tell me why then that a hedgehog and Plumber are two of the most played characters?

Do you think people are sucked in to buy games because there is a groovy chick in it, are we that gullable, it must be so otherwise the programers wouldn't do it?

Tell me your views, are you in love with a computer chick?
or are too mature to be caught up in that arena?

Let me Know

Cheers Crusher.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.