GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C&C GENERALS! HELP!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Generals'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:21
Regular
Hey... I'm on a GLA mission that requires you to secure 4 chemical bunkers... HOW THE HELL DO YOU SECURE THEM?? I'm at witts end about this one? Please help me out!
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:21
Regular
Hey... I'm on a GLA mission that requires you to secure 4 chemical bunkers... HOW THE HELL DO YOU SECURE THEM?? I'm at witts end about this one? Please help me out!
Thu 03/04/03 at 14:09
"High polygon count"
Train your troops to capture buildings at the Barracks, and capture them like you would any other building.
Thu 03/04/03 at 18:45
That was a fun mission. Wookiee, do you know how to complete the last Chinese mission? The GLA are too quick for me, before I've even had a chance to build some tanks...
Sat 05/04/03 at 13:08
"High polygon count"
The start of that mission is a real git!

When you gain control, head to the right. Have all your units selected, and have them all hit the same target - that takes care of them quicker. Keep moving right, and eventually you'll come up against a small GLA base. Wipe it out, then set up your own base.

While you're doing that, head a little to the North and there's a small hill. This is the ONLY way that any more GLA ground forces can get to your base location. At the top of this hill, set up three or four Gattling Cannons, evenly spaced across the gap, and develop the Chain Gun Upgrade at your War Factory as soon as you can to increase their effectiveness. Also reinforce them ASAP with two Overlord Tanks and two Inferno Cannon's - one of each on each side of the path up the hill, set to guard the area. Also stick some Propaganda Towers near these units to heal them in idle moments.

That will protect your base - but it might be a while before you can battle your way to more supplies (there are some supplies to the right of the hill though), so create at least 4 Hackers, send them to the back of your base where they'll be safe, and set them to hack cash from the internet. Do this as soon as possible, because the longer they are operative the more cash they generate.

If you have sufficient General's Ability and Experience Points, build up your Artillery Barrage to the maximum - it's very useful in this mission.

Also, a little further North, where you first encounter the buildings of the town, there's quite a narrow passage for troops to get through. Call in a Cluster Mine drop here - if placed correctly, it covers every path through the buildings and can take out a number of enemy vehicles and infantry at great distance from your base, giving you extra breathing room.

That should get you started - I'll let you figure the rest for yourself! It's a war of attrition for a while, but eventually things start moving and gather momentum.

Hope I've been of some help!
Sat 05/04/03 at 23:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hopefully my copy will arrive on monday, would anyone be interested in playing me online? Obviously i'd give a typically n00bish performance, but that need not mar our gaming pleasure.
Tue 08/04/03 at 02:15
Thanks for the tips Wookie, I haven't completed the mission yet but I'm fairing much better.

Cookie, wouldn't mind a game... I just need to update the thing first.
Tue 08/04/03 at 11:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It arrived today, i guess we could have a few games tonight?
Tue 08/04/03 at 12:23
Regular
"mini that is"
How do you get the mods from The Generals Factory website to work? I have downloaded the gdi orca and it says put in your ini folder but i dont have one? can anybody help?
Tue 08/04/03 at 15:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Wow, this game is impressive.
Tue 08/04/03 at 16:03
Regular
I can't wait to play it.. i need a decent comp

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.