GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A game for you, made by you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/08/00 at 10:54
Regular
With all the hype over console wars, I have decided to steer clear of this topic by giving my own idea of a game. This game will be so advanced, you will need a console of the future just to run it!

1. The name of my game will be "Life"
2. Life is a game for you, made by you. In life you will not be limited to how you play. At the beggining, you will be asked a series of questions about yourself, your family, friends, interests, and your dislikes.
3. Life will then generate a 3-D replica of your details, it will even make your own house. If you have a big garden in reality, you will get a big garden for Life. And for the more professional players, you can even alter the dimensions of your house. Life will be combined with a 3-D design package, simular to what building developers use. Just simply enter your garden measurments, and bob's your uncle, you have one.
4. If you have a friend, why not put his details in. Although sound speech will be used, it will not be alot. (Alot of space) You can enter your own text for each person, combined with a action button. An example, you press the "hello action." and he will reply whatever you want him/her to say. Making your conversations may seem long, but the reward of interactivity pays off.
5. If you have a Girl or Boy you fancy at school, why not make a scenario where you chat him/her up. Make it as real as possible.
6. After making your dreamworld, the computer will generate tasks for you to do, be it to mow the garden or post a letter, you can even simulate your own tasks.
7. When you are bored with your world, connect to the internet and download other peoples characters from them. A server will be online, with a online community, so you can add your own house to the virtual neighbour hood. You can even explore each and different house. And when that player is not online, talk to the custom made characters.
Imagine being invited to a virtual party, where the house made by someone else becomes a 3-D chatroom. Buy a stereo and you will recieve popularity points, meaning more people will come to your parties.
8. The possiblities are endless, in the game of life.
Fri 25/08/00 at 10:54
With all the hype over console wars, I have decided to steer clear of this topic by giving my own idea of a game. This game will be so advanced, you will need a console of the future just to run it!

1. The name of my game will be "Life"
2. Life is a game for you, made by you. In life you will not be limited to how you play. At the beggining, you will be asked a series of questions about yourself, your family, friends, interests, and your dislikes.
3. Life will then generate a 3-D replica of your details, it will even make your own house. If you have a big garden in reality, you will get a big garden for Life. And for the more professional players, you can even alter the dimensions of your house. Life will be combined with a 3-D design package, simular to what building developers use. Just simply enter your garden measurments, and bob's your uncle, you have one.
4. If you have a friend, why not put his details in. Although sound speech will be used, it will not be alot. (Alot of space) You can enter your own text for each person, combined with a action button. An example, you press the "hello action." and he will reply whatever you want him/her to say. Making your conversations may seem long, but the reward of interactivity pays off.
5. If you have a Girl or Boy you fancy at school, why not make a scenario where you chat him/her up. Make it as real as possible.
6. After making your dreamworld, the computer will generate tasks for you to do, be it to mow the garden or post a letter, you can even simulate your own tasks.
7. When you are bored with your world, connect to the internet and download other peoples characters from them. A server will be online, with a online community, so you can add your own house to the virtual neighbour hood. You can even explore each and different house. And when that player is not online, talk to the custom made characters.
Imagine being invited to a virtual party, where the house made by someone else becomes a 3-D chatroom. Buy a stereo and you will recieve popularity points, meaning more people will come to your parties.
8. The possiblities are endless, in the game of life.
Fri 25/08/00 at 12:11
Regular
"not dead"
This is a joke right? I mean you do know that this exists without use of a PC / console. It's hard to express sarcasm in plain text so I hope I just missed it...
Fri 25/08/00 at 22:17
Or you can do something similar in "The Sims".
Fri 25/08/00 at 22:59
what a great idea-or you could just live you life for real!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.