GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Looks ok in Edit but comes up wrong on page"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/10 at 00:38
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Instant Pro.

Mrs WBG requires advice,please!
The pics on a particular S'scraper look as I want them to in Edit as does the text on the page but when I view ,there's a large gap showing on the S'sc. and a mangled para.on the text.

Also,sometimes when making tables, the cursor refuses to go where I want it to. e.g. It will go into the column but in a position I don't want and when I click it, it leaps outside the column and does this ad infinitem.Back and fore.

All advice gratefully received.
Tue 26/10/10 at 00:38
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Instant Pro.

Mrs WBG requires advice,please!
The pics on a particular S'scraper look as I want them to in Edit as does the text on the page but when I view ,there's a large gap showing on the S'sc. and a mangled para.on the text.

Also,sometimes when making tables, the cursor refuses to go where I want it to. e.g. It will go into the column but in a position I don't want and when I click it, it leaps outside the column and does this ad infinitem.Back and fore.

All advice gratefully received.
Tue 26/10/10 at 16:38
"Are you sure?"
As in the past it's just about impossible to guess what may be causing this! Empty paragraphs, your Table/Cell options etc.

Hopefully, as before, Freeola will look at your account to see what's going on :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Tue 26/10/10 at 18:19
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
As regards the skyscrapers, you'll need to let us know which one you're having trouble with as you've got quite a few and I don't know how they're meant to look! They all look fine to me......

Regarding Tables - it sounds like you're having trouble with the table cell alignment.

E.g You click in to an empty table cell, and the cursor stays in the center, but you want left aligned text......

After you've clicked in the cell, right click on your mouse, choose table cell properties and from the available options set the alignment to 'left'

Hopefully this sorts out the table issue, just let us know which Skyscraper you're having trouble with and we'll have a look at that.
Tue 26/10/10 at 23:16
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Numnut wrote:
As regards the skyscrapers, you'll need to let us know which one you're having trouble with as you've got quite a few and I don't know how they're meant to look! They all look fine to me......

Regarding Tables - it sounds like you're having trouble with the table cell alignment.

E.g You click in to an empty table cell, and the cursor stays in the center, but you want left aligned text......

After you've clicked in the cell, right click on your mouse, choose table cell properties and from the available options set the alignment to 'left'

Hopefully this sorts out the table issue, just let us know which Skyscraper you're having trouble with and we'll have a look at that.

Thanks for your reply and for not making me feel like an idiot!
The skyscraper in question is 'Various Flora'.
I've not had this problem before.
I've read the CSS tutorial and wonder if you think I'd be capable of using it for positioning images etc. Or is it way above my head?
Cheers
Thu 28/10/10 at 12:10
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Hi,

Mrs WBG here,

I sent a reply under your reply!!

Cheers
Fri 29/10/10 at 14:49
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Sorry for the delay, I wasn't in yesterday......

Right,

I've made an amendment to the Skyscraper for you which now means that all the images are spaced evenly within the skyscraper.

I did this by using only one table instead of the two tables you were using. The space between the images was there because one table ended, and the other started at that point.

If you open up the skyscraper in the skyscraper editor, and view the HTML you'll see that I've commented out some of the code causing the space, and noted it accordingly so you can see what I've removed, and how it affects the layout of the page.

You mentioned text in your original message, though i couldn't see in any in that partcular skyscraper....
Sun 31/10/10 at 21:15
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Many thanks for the detailed reply!
Sorry for not making it clear that the Garbled text was on the main page of ''Mindfulness then and now',just below the two white floral images.
Mon 01/11/10 at 09:22
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
The html in this bit of the page was a little messy - I've made it look a little bit nicer for you now by removing a lot of occurrences of  , which is an html space.

See what you think.........
Mon 01/11/10 at 10:59
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Brilliant!
Many thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.