GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh God, Nintendo, NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo..............."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/00 at 23:34
Regular
What is Nintendo on??? I thought Starcube was bad enough; now they come up with Gamecube!? Although it does make sense, seeing as the console is one disgusting looking cube (that plays games). Have games companies all suddenly lost it with design? First we had the PSX-esque Dreamcast, then the 'fan-heater' PS2, now the grotesque Nintendo cube. I thought the PS2 had bad enough controllers (basically, PSX ones). Now Nintendo have made ones which resemble a mangled Sony pad. I mean, please explain to me how the HELL can you use the D-pad??? And the (bad) design is not exactly suuited for a beat-em-up, a genre so sorely lacking on N64. After years of loyalty to Nintendo, amassing the NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, I am sincerely thinking of moving on. With the exception of the NES, all my beloved Nintendo consoles were and are sleek and classy. But the Gamecube has thrown it all into disarray. y hopes of Nintendo becoming market leaders once again has now been crushed by a brick stamped with a big N, while my head hangs in despair and shame. Can someone comfort this destraught life-long Nintendo fan?)
Thu 24/08/00 at 23:34
What is Nintendo on??? I thought Starcube was bad enough; now they come up with Gamecube!? Although it does make sense, seeing as the console is one disgusting looking cube (that plays games). Have games companies all suddenly lost it with design? First we had the PSX-esque Dreamcast, then the 'fan-heater' PS2, now the grotesque Nintendo cube. I thought the PS2 had bad enough controllers (basically, PSX ones). Now Nintendo have made ones which resemble a mangled Sony pad. I mean, please explain to me how the HELL can you use the D-pad??? And the (bad) design is not exactly suuited for a beat-em-up, a genre so sorely lacking on N64. After years of loyalty to Nintendo, amassing the NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, I am sincerely thinking of moving on. With the exception of the NES, all my beloved Nintendo consoles were and are sleek and classy. But the Gamecube has thrown it all into disarray. y hopes of Nintendo becoming market leaders once again has now been crushed by a brick stamped with a big N, while my head hangs in despair and shame. Can someone comfort this destraught life-long Nintendo fan?)
Fri 25/08/00 at 08:34
I suspect Nintendo have secretly been assimilated by the Borg. Hence the cube... ;-)
Fri 25/08/00 at 10:56
Regular
"not dead"
Maybe it won't look like that over here. After all there was more that one shape for the SNES.
Anyway how can you comment on what the joypads will be any good for, have you held one? Honestly I can't believe that you lot can be so fickle as to care for what the console looks like so much. It is not a fashion statement, it plays games, and hopefully very good ones. That's what I'll be judging it on.
Fri 25/08/00 at 13:43
Regular
Personally I think the controller will be good to use, and if you llok at the input port for the controller, it looks the same as the n64 one. Perhaps we will be able to use it as an extra.
Fri 25/08/00 at 19:46
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Neat, modern and compact. A very stylish design, and looks as though it'd rest nicely on top of a cd tower (holding the games?).

Everything nintendo do comes in multicolour these days, so I'm sure I won't be confined to that dodgy purple.

Controler? First impressions, WHY? It's even lamer than your face.

Still, it's just the arrangement of the buttons and the shape of the pad, which can be changed without any technical alterations, so if first impressions are correct, no worry, all is not lost (yet).

Could have been a lot worse really.
And hey, it's not Star Cube any more, just be greatful!
Sat 26/08/00 at 12:45
Stylish??? I want the curvy, sleek design of the N64, not an angular brick.
Sun 27/08/00 at 22:35
ttfp read this!

I knew someone would say it and they are absolutely bloody well stupid for saying this: The Gamecubes controllers are advanced models of the SNESs controller! Sony copied this when they released Greystation! Need I go on...?
Sun 27/08/00 at 23:05
Tffp are you that sad?. Do you buy consoles just because they look good or do you actually play games on them. Plus have you had a go on the new Ninty controller? - no, unless you were at spaceworld - which I doubt. Anyway The design is different to Fonys rubbish (which they copied form Ninty in the first place). Check out the analogue sticks for instant. They have guides around them for precision. Anyway I don't need to say more. People like you should defer to Fony, because you rather have a "cool" console with t**d games than a nicely designed, modern, compact console with the BEST games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.