GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Cut The Rope [iPhone/iPod Touch]"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Cut The Rope'.
Wed 20/10/10 at 23:25
"possibly impossible"
A Story Review by pb

‘Cut the Rope’ the title said, and it was right. My hands wavered over the ropes on offer, swaying back and forth while the candy beneath dangled as if trying to hypnotise me.

But I’m getting ahead of myself here. It all started with a parcel I found at my doorstep. Why it was there and who left it remains a mystery, all I know is that I was more surprised than you can imagine to find a small creature inside. A hungry one at that.

A note came attached. ‘Feed the creature’ it said ‘but use the ropes and watch out for the obstacles.’ It was an odd note, I admit, but something compelled me to comply. I’d never met a creature like the Om Nom (for that was his name) but I’d seen Gremlins too many times to know better than to ignore instructions on feeding a strange creature.

The ropes were just the start. As the creature grew I needed bigger boxes, but more and more things got in my way. The creature jumped around and ended up on the top of the box. Gravity was now my enemy. Luckily I found some bubbles that would float the candy up in the air, but there were also spikes to pop those bubbles and one touch from my finger would do the same.

I kept feeding and feeding the creature. Notes would appear (from where, I don’t know nor care to find out) telling me how well I was doing as I successfully completed my task, awarding me marks out of 3 stars. I was promised bonuses if I managed to get enough of those 3 stars too but alas some of those feeding attempts were just too hard for me. I must try harder.

And here is the thing, I want to keep looking after my Om Nom, I want to keep feeding him. I’ve tried to go back to older boxes and feeding him again and to new boxes. All of these things just make me love him more, even if he does cry out when I don’t feed him (through no fault of my own).

His cute looks and even the aesthetics of the boxes appealed to me, the noises he made warmed me further. In short this critter is just a lovable little mystery who I fear I will need to keep feeding for the rest of my life.

Another note popped through my door the other day warning me of further boxes to come. It seems my destiny will be to feed Om Nom forever. But, you know what? I don’t mind.

(Cut The Rope, iPhone App Store, 59p, out now and highly recommended)
9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 20/10/10 at 23:25
"possibly impossible"
A Story Review by pb

‘Cut the Rope’ the title said, and it was right. My hands wavered over the ropes on offer, swaying back and forth while the candy beneath dangled as if trying to hypnotise me.

But I’m getting ahead of myself here. It all started with a parcel I found at my doorstep. Why it was there and who left it remains a mystery, all I know is that I was more surprised than you can imagine to find a small creature inside. A hungry one at that.

A note came attached. ‘Feed the creature’ it said ‘but use the ropes and watch out for the obstacles.’ It was an odd note, I admit, but something compelled me to comply. I’d never met a creature like the Om Nom (for that was his name) but I’d seen Gremlins too many times to know better than to ignore instructions on feeding a strange creature.

The ropes were just the start. As the creature grew I needed bigger boxes, but more and more things got in my way. The creature jumped around and ended up on the top of the box. Gravity was now my enemy. Luckily I found some bubbles that would float the candy up in the air, but there were also spikes to pop those bubbles and one touch from my finger would do the same.

I kept feeding and feeding the creature. Notes would appear (from where, I don’t know nor care to find out) telling me how well I was doing as I successfully completed my task, awarding me marks out of 3 stars. I was promised bonuses if I managed to get enough of those 3 stars too but alas some of those feeding attempts were just too hard for me. I must try harder.

And here is the thing, I want to keep looking after my Om Nom, I want to keep feeding him. I’ve tried to go back to older boxes and feeding him again and to new boxes. All of these things just make me love him more, even if he does cry out when I don’t feed him (through no fault of my own).

His cute looks and even the aesthetics of the boxes appealed to me, the noises he made warmed me further. In short this critter is just a lovable little mystery who I fear I will need to keep feeding for the rest of my life.

Another note popped through my door the other day warning me of further boxes to come. It seems my destiny will be to feed Om Nom forever. But, you know what? I don’t mind.

(Cut The Rope, iPhone App Store, 59p, out now and highly recommended)
9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.