GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo reach"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo: Reach'.
Wed 20/10/10 at 22:53
Regular
"i love being happy"
one of the most anticipated games is here. halo reach! i will be giving my verdict on this fantastic game. i never used to like first person shooters until i got my xbox 360 with halo 3 and battlefield bad company. i loved every moment of me playing my xbox 360. i got it in 2008 on my birthday in july. it opened my eyes to the first person shooter world. Anyway lets get back to halo reach lets start with the campaign.

The campaign is one of the best storys you could get in a first person shooter. it is exhilarating,exiting and fun. you play as noble six the newest addition to the noble team. The team is mostly comprised of SPARTAN-IIIs but there is one SPARTAN-ll. halo reach is a Prequel to halo 1 and is the backstory to the destruction of reach. we all know that reach is going to blow up but this explains what happens on the planet reach before it blows up. The campaign is extremely addicting like lets say you go to work or school you will be itching to go back home and uncover more of the brilliant story. The campaign never gets boring and theres a variety of missions like driving spaceships in space firing missiles or driving helicopters through the burning city. It also gets more exciting as the story moves on and makes you wander whats going to happen next. The story is quite easy to follow so if you are new to the halo games you will understand halo reach quite easily. they are lots of amazing twists and turns. diffuculty on easy will take you like 4 hours to complete, normal like 5-6 hours to complete, heroric like 7-11 hours to complete and legenary a very long time to complete. i recommend if you want to have the best campagin and want to enjoy yourself you should go for heroric. if you are new to the halo games you should go for easy then make your way up the difficulties,
Lets say you do co-op campaign the diffuculty will get harder like lets say you are doing easy diffuculty co-op it can be equal to normal single player.

lets move on to multiplayer but to be honest i dont really like multiplayer that much. The multiplayer has improved from halo 3 but it still has the same structure as halo 3. so if you have never liked halo halo reach wont make you change your mind about halo but halo reach is a fantastic game for people who as always liked halo. This time in halo reach you get special abilities like you get to run now and you get to turn yourself invicible. you also get to make a halogram of yourself and you also get a jetpack aswell. All these ablities you can only use for a short time but then it recahrges over time. you can use these special abilites in campaign,matchmaking,custom games and firefight. Also before a match starts you get to choose your own class which are called loadouts. These loadout have special abilities in them with a default gun you can use in the match. you can always switch your gun for something else on the battlefield. This time in halo reach its easier to connect with your freinds like if you want to play a match together or join their game. you get loads of new weapons like a grenade launcher and the weapons from halo 3 are redesigned.you also get something called credits which you can use to buy new gear for your character and you can use the character in multiplayer also in singleplayer. you can also choose the voice for your chracter if its male or female.There are also new vehicles you can drive in halo reach. There are nine matchmaking maps and eight firefight maps. In halo reach you can play either as a elite or spartan in multiplayer the elites are stronger and thier health regenarates over time but spartans are quicker and agile although there health does not regenerate. In halo reach you can also get health packs which boosts your health because your health dont regenerate anymore like it used to in halo 3.firefight has also improved from halo 3 odst and this time you can play different modes in firefight. for example two people can be spartens and the other two people can be elites but the convenent has an advantage because they can control the convenent at their will to attack the spartens. The forge and the custom games are one of the best modes in all halo games because you can make your own map according to your taste and you can play it with other freinds. there is even a map which is exclusively made for forge which is called forge world it is a big map with diffrent areas inside it and you can make your own map within forge world. Forge is even more precise because you can even decide which angle you want to put the object at or degrees. you have to use credits to buy objects in forge like vehicles or spawn points.There is an exclusive ability for the elite whrere you can do a dive move in multiplayer while the spartan cant do it. custom games is when you can play the modes or maps you made in forge. There are new matchmaking modes in halo reach aswell for example invasion which is elites vs spartans and others aswell.

conclusion
halo reach is an a fantastic game and is definately worth buying. The campaign is brillant and the multiplayer is quite good aswell but i dont personally like matchmaking that much. The graphics have really improved from halo 3 and halo 3 odst. The AI is much smarter and the textures are smoother. The framrate jaggers a bit sometimes but thats because the framrate cant catch up with the really good graphics and the stronger engine. If you have never liked halo before then halo reach wont make you change your mind but halo reach is a really good game.

8.8/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 20/10/10 at 22:53
Regular
"i love being happy"
one of the most anticipated games is here. halo reach! i will be giving my verdict on this fantastic game. i never used to like first person shooters until i got my xbox 360 with halo 3 and battlefield bad company. i loved every moment of me playing my xbox 360. i got it in 2008 on my birthday in july. it opened my eyes to the first person shooter world. Anyway lets get back to halo reach lets start with the campaign.

The campaign is one of the best storys you could get in a first person shooter. it is exhilarating,exiting and fun. you play as noble six the newest addition to the noble team. The team is mostly comprised of SPARTAN-IIIs but there is one SPARTAN-ll. halo reach is a Prequel to halo 1 and is the backstory to the destruction of reach. we all know that reach is going to blow up but this explains what happens on the planet reach before it blows up. The campaign is extremely addicting like lets say you go to work or school you will be itching to go back home and uncover more of the brilliant story. The campaign never gets boring and theres a variety of missions like driving spaceships in space firing missiles or driving helicopters through the burning city. It also gets more exciting as the story moves on and makes you wander whats going to happen next. The story is quite easy to follow so if you are new to the halo games you will understand halo reach quite easily. they are lots of amazing twists and turns. diffuculty on easy will take you like 4 hours to complete, normal like 5-6 hours to complete, heroric like 7-11 hours to complete and legenary a very long time to complete. i recommend if you want to have the best campagin and want to enjoy yourself you should go for heroric. if you are new to the halo games you should go for easy then make your way up the difficulties,
Lets say you do co-op campaign the diffuculty will get harder like lets say you are doing easy diffuculty co-op it can be equal to normal single player.

lets move on to multiplayer but to be honest i dont really like multiplayer that much. The multiplayer has improved from halo 3 but it still has the same structure as halo 3. so if you have never liked halo halo reach wont make you change your mind about halo but halo reach is a fantastic game for people who as always liked halo. This time in halo reach you get special abilities like you get to run now and you get to turn yourself invicible. you also get to make a halogram of yourself and you also get a jetpack aswell. All these ablities you can only use for a short time but then it recahrges over time. you can use these special abilites in campaign,matchmaking,custom games and firefight. Also before a match starts you get to choose your own class which are called loadouts. These loadout have special abilities in them with a default gun you can use in the match. you can always switch your gun for something else on the battlefield. This time in halo reach its easier to connect with your freinds like if you want to play a match together or join their game. you get loads of new weapons like a grenade launcher and the weapons from halo 3 are redesigned.you also get something called credits which you can use to buy new gear for your character and you can use the character in multiplayer also in singleplayer. you can also choose the voice for your chracter if its male or female.There are also new vehicles you can drive in halo reach. There are nine matchmaking maps and eight firefight maps. In halo reach you can play either as a elite or spartan in multiplayer the elites are stronger and thier health regenarates over time but spartans are quicker and agile although there health does not regenerate. In halo reach you can also get health packs which boosts your health because your health dont regenerate anymore like it used to in halo 3.firefight has also improved from halo 3 odst and this time you can play different modes in firefight. for example two people can be spartens and the other two people can be elites but the convenent has an advantage because they can control the convenent at their will to attack the spartens. The forge and the custom games are one of the best modes in all halo games because you can make your own map according to your taste and you can play it with other freinds. there is even a map which is exclusively made for forge which is called forge world it is a big map with diffrent areas inside it and you can make your own map within forge world. Forge is even more precise because you can even decide which angle you want to put the object at or degrees. you have to use credits to buy objects in forge like vehicles or spawn points.There is an exclusive ability for the elite whrere you can do a dive move in multiplayer while the spartan cant do it. custom games is when you can play the modes or maps you made in forge. There are new matchmaking modes in halo reach aswell for example invasion which is elites vs spartans and others aswell.

conclusion
halo reach is an a fantastic game and is definately worth buying. The campaign is brillant and the multiplayer is quite good aswell but i dont personally like matchmaking that much. The graphics have really improved from halo 3 and halo 3 odst. The AI is much smarter and the textures are smoother. The framrate jaggers a bit sometimes but thats because the framrate cant catch up with the really good graphics and the stronger engine. If you have never liked halo before then halo reach wont make you change your mind but halo reach is a really good game.

8.8/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.