GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starcraft 2 PC"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Starcraft 2'.
Fri 01/06/07 at 11:40
Regular
After a good year of thinking Blizzard were never going to release another RTS due to their MMO cup "running over" I have found a statement that they are working on a NEW starcraft RTS for the PC with a Q1 2008 release. This is good news for me as I was a fan of the original Warcraft and Star craft titles. I found them infinitely more fun than spending hours farming and mining virtual fields and mines in a game you could played with 2 fingers. The warcraft RTS and Starcraft series has got to the same point now as the C&C series where it is really just a case of making everything a bit prettier, adding a few new units and release a game with ne levels and this title will be no exception. There ARE a few new units and they have made the 3D engine slightly better but to be honest, there are no real shocks in store.

StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. They have made a few changes to the balance of the teams as lets face it, you had no chance of winning unless you were Protoss in the old game. This lead to some less than riviting multiplayer matches. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will be at your disposal but it doesn't look, from preliminary reports, that they have worked round the "grunt rush" issues of the first game. This was the worst game for "grunt rushes I have ever come across.

Again, Battlenet will allow for online play and they have made a few tweaks to make the server loadings smoother. Basically this game will be a curly whirly. Over they years they have reduced the sugar, reduced the size and changed the recipe for the chocolate but it is still just the same old Curly whirly.
Sun 19/08/07 at 18:28
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Personally, I've been gagging for a decent RTS since the disappointment of WCIII. C&C sucks balls, generally, and Starcraft is still the best thing out there after 10 years.

Starcraft wouldn't work as online RPG, as the focus has never been on individual units, but instead on building large and well balanced armies.

Don't see the attraction of online RPGs either. Subscription rates + loss of social life, in addition to ire of lonely live-in partner is an unworkable combination. I'd love to have 3 months out to have a crack at it, but I have a job to go to, a house to pay for, a career to develop, a woman to marry and all that jazz.

Starcraft 2 will revive the chance to jump online for 20 minutes and thrash out a free for all vs as many mates as you can get online at once for the crown of ultimate supremacy.

That said, having seen the range of protoss units in the demo, I'm wondering exactly how the game will be balanced as well as broodwar was (eventually)...
Sun 10/06/07 at 18:26
Regular
No, I just don't like RTSs.
Sun 10/06/07 at 12:46
Regular
"Mooching around"
Don't like the full 3D aspect? Or are they not up to your standard?
Sat 09/06/07 at 14:49
Regular
I actually got excited when this was announced, I thought it was going to be some cool MMORPG, then I saw the screenshots =\
Sat 09/06/07 at 14:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
You could try NickGreen, he'll probably appreciate your reviews and opinions on our "clique" :)

Anyway, on the actual review side, the game does look nice, and I loved StarCraft, always wanted to be the Overmind of my own little swarm of evil creatures =D

Looking forward to what this sequel has to offer.
Sun 03/06/07 at 18:46
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Why don't you try writing your own review rather than stealing it from another website and passing it off as your own?
Sat 02/06/07 at 10:52
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Sat 02/06/07 at 07:10
Regular
For god sake. Nothing is stolen. This is clearly my phrasing . I cant give an opinion on the new game as it isn't out till next year and I haven't played it yet. I gave my opinion of the franchise as a whole.
I am going to stop posting because you cant seem to do it without little posse of regulars complaining and accusing you of cheating. I will leave you to rot in your little clique
Fri 01/06/07 at 20:11
Regular
=|

You can't just steal text for your review. You didn't even offer a real opinion on the game anyway.
Fri 01/06/07 at 11:40
Regular
After a good year of thinking Blizzard were never going to release another RTS due to their MMO cup "running over" I have found a statement that they are working on a NEW starcraft RTS for the PC with a Q1 2008 release. This is good news for me as I was a fan of the original Warcraft and Star craft titles. I found them infinitely more fun than spending hours farming and mining virtual fields and mines in a game you could played with 2 fingers. The warcraft RTS and Starcraft series has got to the same point now as the C&C series where it is really just a case of making everything a bit prettier, adding a few new units and release a game with ne levels and this title will be no exception. There ARE a few new units and they have made the 3D engine slightly better but to be honest, there are no real shocks in store.

StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. They have made a few changes to the balance of the teams as lets face it, you had no chance of winning unless you were Protoss in the old game. This lead to some less than riviting multiplayer matches. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will be at your disposal but it doesn't look, from preliminary reports, that they have worked round the "grunt rush" issues of the first game. This was the worst game for "grunt rushes I have ever come across.

Again, Battlenet will allow for online play and they have made a few tweaks to make the server loadings smoother. Basically this game will be a curly whirly. Over they years they have reduced the sugar, reduced the size and changed the recipe for the chocolate but it is still just the same old Curly whirly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.