GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Star Craft revealed"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/07 at 11:39
Regular
After a good year of thinking Blizzard were never going to release another RTS due to their MMO cup "running over" I have found a statement that they are working on a NEW starcraft RTS for the PC with a Q1 2008 release. This is good news for me as I was a fan of the original Warcraft and Star craft titles. I found them infinitely more fun than spending hours farming and mining virtual fields and mines in a game you could played with 2 fingers. The warcraft RTS and Starcraft series has got to the same point now as the C&C series where it is really just a case of making everything a bit prettier, adding a few new units and release a game with ne levels and this title will be no exception. There ARE a few new units and they have made the 3D engine slightly better but to be honest, there are no real shocks in store.

StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. They have made a few changes to the balance of the teams as lets face it, you had no chance of winning unless you were Protoss in the old game. This lead to some less than riviting multiplayer matches. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will be at your disposal but it doesn't look, from preliminary reports, that they have worked round the "grunt rush" issues of the first game. This was the worst game for "grunt rushes I have ever come across.

Again, Battlenet will allow for online play and they have made a few tweaks to make the server loadings smoother. Basically this game will be a curly whirly. Over they years they have reduced the sugar, reduced the size and changed the recipe for the chocolate but it is still just the same old Curly whirly.
Fri 01/06/07 at 14:24
Regular
Agreed, 4 years is along time to spend making something look slightly prettier. It must be hard to make an RTS different enough to make it new and exciting but little enough to keep the fans. To be honest I hope there is no MMO version because they just suck up your life. The "warcrack" was pretty addictive and I like the RTS'. Its the way warcraft and starcrafts always were. (Appart from warcraft 3 with the hero unit. That was a bit RPG a bit RTS weird :P).

They need to come up with a whole new "craft" concept so they can introduce new races with all new technologies to freshen up the genre.
Fri 01/06/07 at 13:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Underwhelming is a good word for this. You'd think there would be some evidence of them trying to do something different or do something new in the genre. This game has been in development for 4 years apparently and their biggest achievement is that they've balanced the units. :)

The cynic in me says this is just a set up for a mmorpg. I dont think theres enough background story of the starcraft universe yet for a mmorpg, I bet there will be after this game though.
Fri 01/06/07 at 11:39
Regular
After a good year of thinking Blizzard were never going to release another RTS due to their MMO cup "running over" I have found a statement that they are working on a NEW starcraft RTS for the PC with a Q1 2008 release. This is good news for me as I was a fan of the original Warcraft and Star craft titles. I found them infinitely more fun than spending hours farming and mining virtual fields and mines in a game you could played with 2 fingers. The warcraft RTS and Starcraft series has got to the same point now as the C&C series where it is really just a case of making everything a bit prettier, adding a few new units and release a game with ne levels and this title will be no exception. There ARE a few new units and they have made the 3D engine slightly better but to be honest, there are no real shocks in store.

StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. They have made a few changes to the balance of the teams as lets face it, you had no chance of winning unless you were Protoss in the old game. This lead to some less than riviting multiplayer matches. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will be at your disposal but it doesn't look, from preliminary reports, that they have worked round the "grunt rush" issues of the first game. This was the worst game for "grunt rushes I have ever come across.

Again, Battlenet will allow for online play and they have made a few tweaks to make the server loadings smoother. Basically this game will be a curly whirly. Over they years they have reduced the sugar, reduced the size and changed the recipe for the chocolate but it is still just the same old Curly whirly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.