GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Castle Wolfenstein"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 18:57
Regular
If you like FPS, get this game.
If you like the idea of shooting Nazis, get this game.
If you like the idea of smashing swastikas and pictures of Hitler, get it.

Oh just get it.
Initially thought "It's ok, doesn't look like the demo though" and then adjusted my setting. Graphic card ramped up, parametric lighting, volumetric filtering etc and my sweet lord...eye candy.

AI like you wouldn't believe.
Shoot at a nazi and miss? He runs off and either hides behind something, refusing to come blundering after you and into your sights, or he goes and gets mates who circle behind you.

This game is awesome.
Mon 03/12/01 at 11:42
Ant wrote:
> Is this game actually ANYTHING remotely like Wolfenstein 3D??

By the way, if
> you get the chance to play Wolfenstein 3D, then take it. It's an all-time
> classic, especially the version with all 6 episodes.

yeah killing that hitler at the end is good
Mon 03/12/01 at 10:19
Regular
"I confused?"
My Pc's naked but hopefully I'll be getting one of crimbo. then i'll be shooting the Nazi's like theirs no tomorrow!!!
Mon 03/12/01 at 08:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
This. Game. Rocks.
Sun 02/12/01 at 05:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
7hrs constant play.
With the graphics ramped, this game rocks.
Shooting Nazis is an absolute moral good, can't say there's anything bad about it whatsoever.
"Games influence behaviour"
I dare you to find a court in this country that would convict you for shooting a nazi.

Nasty creatures, amazing graphics, top weapons, incredible sound ,infra-ref sniping and a multi-player like you wouldn't believe.
Buy this game just to get the flamethrower.
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Is this game actually ANYTHING remotely like Wolfenstein 3D??

By the way, if you get the chance to play Wolfenstein 3D, then take it. It's an all-time classic, especially the version with all 6 episodes.
Sat 01/12/01 at 13:59
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Yeah right, run home child.
Sat 01/12/01 at 13:00
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Iraqistan Man wrote:
> This aint as good as I thought it was gonna be. My friend who recently got ADSL
> downloaded the whole game from one of his friends in America off of MSN
> messenger. They both left their computers on for about 9 hours until it had
> downloaded 700mb's (the game was in a special zip file).

ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES! GIVE ME 27 QUID OR I'LL TELL SOME PEOPLE AND GET YOUR FRIEND IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW!!!
:P
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:54
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Seems like theres going to be quite a few people with Castle Wolf... Maybe enough for a decent team based umtli-player?
Sat 01/12/01 at 11:50
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
This aint as good as I thought it was gonna be. My friend who recently got ADSL downloaded the whole game from one of his friends in America off of MSN messenger. They both left their computers on for about 9 hours until it had downloaded 700mb's (the game was in a special zip file).
Fri 30/11/01 at 22:16
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Played through the original on my 386 about a decade ago with my dad. Favourite bit? The robotic bosses. However, I think I read in the PCG review that they don't return for the sequel. PLEASE let this not be true. Still gonna buy the game tomorrow mind you...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.