GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fellow Xbox owners - your opinions please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 18:37
Regular
I bought my Xbox from GAME on the 15/4/02 - so I'm still under the 12 month guarantee, and recently I've bought two games Toejam & Earl and Big Mutha Truckers, and both games are struggling to load up, and when they do the cutscenes are juddery and the music keeps dropping in-and-out.

I've taken Toejam & Earl back for another copy, but the outcome is the same. Yet in the shop when they tested it, it was fine. So it's not the games.

But the thing is: I have about 15 other games and they all work perfectly.

So what's going on?
My Xbox seems to accept 95% of my games, yet struggles [for some unknown reason] with a certain 5%.

Has anyone else experienced similar things, or has my Xbox got a mind of its own?
And d'you think I should take it back and get a new one before the 12 month guarantee runs out?
Thu 03/04/03 at 23:33
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm taking it back to GAME to swap it for a new one before the guarantee runs out.
DOA Volleyball is displaying loading problems, and I can't be dealing with that!! But seriously, DOA Volleyball is total balls.... unless you're a Barbie-fondling girlie.
Thu 03/04/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Remember me?"
Send the X-Box back to Microsoft... or failing that, get the console exorcised by a priest.
Wed 02/04/03 at 21:53
"slightlyshortertagl"
Wed 02/04/03 at 21:11
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Send it back to Microsoft for repair.

You might aswell.
Wed 02/04/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
i get the same problem with NFL FEVER 2003 but all my other games work fine( about 8} splinter cell locked up once though
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I bought my Xbox from GAME on the 15/4/02 - so I'm still under the 12 month guarantee, and recently I've bought two games Toejam & Earl and Big Mutha Truckers, and both games are struggling to load up, and when they do the cutscenes are juddery and the music keeps dropping in-and-out.

I've taken Toejam & Earl back for another copy, but the outcome is the same. Yet in the shop when they tested it, it was fine. So it's not the games.

But the thing is: I have about 15 other games and they all work perfectly.

So what's going on?
My Xbox seems to accept 95% of my games, yet struggles [for some unknown reason] with a certain 5%.

Has anyone else experienced similar things, or has my Xbox got a mind of its own?
And d'you think I should take it back and get a new one before the 12 month guarantee runs out?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.