GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England VS Brazil"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/07 at 11:14
Regular
Ok Match predictions please.
I recon 3 - 1 Brazil with Gerrard the scorer for England.
Sat 02/06/07 at 16:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh and also they should scrap whatever ticket scheme they've got going for those sets of seats either side of the tunnel as it's quite embarrasing to see a bunch of empty red seats for England matches and other important games
Sat 02/06/07 at 15:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cross field balls that ended up doing nothing, i can ping 40 yard balls to unmarked players all day to (and usually do on a sunday at the park), i guess i could get an England call up. Already mentioned the assist. I definitely missed the out-skilling of the Brazilian players considering Becks hardly ever goes past defenders because.. well he actually can't and is just good for getting his right back to do that for him and then cutting it back for him to cross it in which Neville was so great at in the United days.
Even if there were 2 or 3 good crosses (i didn't see them, only half decent one was the through ball to Owen but that was over hit) someone who's apparently world class and that's their only productivity over 90 minutes? This is the guy that is going to revive England's fortunes? In more trouble than they thought then.

Of course people will buy into the hype as always, England will already have won Euro 2008 without even qualifying yet according to the papers and then get knocked out on penalties by the first half decent side they face against and people will be demanding McLaren's head and to roast him on a fire in Trafalgar Square along with whatever foreign player scapegoat who dares to wink this time and all will be right with the footballing world again
Sat 02/06/07 at 15:43
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Becks played some great cross-field balls, delievered the free kick for the goal, actually out-witted and out-skilled some of the Brazilians on numerous occasions, he got back and tackled, chased every loose ball and was the only England player keen on using switch-play. He also delivered two or three good crosses that weren't taken advantage of.

There was no England player who played better than Becks. End of. Unfortunately Gerrard was further back than he should be for the majority of the game, thanks to Lampard (Who got Booed quite badly), apart from one outstanding tackle, Gerrard had a good game. He wasn't as good as Beckham, no way.
Sat 02/06/07 at 15:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Becks was outstanding? Must have missed that then as all i saw was one decent cross in 90 minutes taking advantage of poor Brazilian set piece defending. Other than that there was a cross to Owen that was easily cut out by the keeper, a free kick that missed and another that hit the wall.

Sounds like a usual Becks appearance complete with standard post match over-hyping of old tinfoil-balls
Sat 02/06/07 at 12:05
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I was at the match, and England were certainly better than I expected. The roar Beckham got, even when he came out to train stadium the whole stadium was on their feet.

It was a great experience, for the Under-21 match I was in the lower tier behind the goal but I was near the corner in the middle of the top tier but I had a fantastic view. You certainly wouldn't want to be that high if you suffered with vertigo or a fear of heights.

I noticed Alan Smith was appauling, and Ronaldinho was playing somewhere near his best. To be honest though, it was all about Beckhams return. Beckham was outstanding, Gerrard played well from a defensive perspective, King was solid, and Shorey had a good debut. We seemed to lose interest in the last 5 minutes, hence the goal. According to the screen the goal was scored in the 66th minute, which was sort of suitable after the appluase for Alan Ball at the start.

I'll certainly be off to England V Germany :)
Sat 02/06/07 at 00:12
Regular
Nice one Gerrard ^^

Thanks for the review GP, always nice to read one =)
Fri 01/06/07 at 22:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Pretty even first half. Brazil had a lot of possession but didn't really create a lot, as they try to move the ball through the middle instead of passing the ball out wide for the cross. They do pass the ball very nice in tight spots though.

England came out for the second half with a quicker tempo and better passing and put some pressure on the defensive of Brazil. A freekick from Beckham swirled to the back post where Terry headed it past Helton for 1-0 after 68 minutes.

A lot of subsitutions then broke the game up as Brazil just started to dictate the play again and England were left to attack on the break. England had a number of chances to put in decent crosses but failed and were made to pay as the ball was whipped in for Diego to head home for 1-1 with only seconds remaining.

Gerrard was outstanding in the match, making a number of crucial tackles to deny Brazil any room in the middle.
Fri 01/06/07 at 22:04
Regular
Oops I missed it. Can GP give me one of his reviews of the match please. =)
Fri 01/06/07 at 21:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wooo Diego, FM legend
Fri 01/06/07 at 21:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Out of the twilight zone then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.