GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas, good thing for gamers?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 17:20
Regular
As we all have experienced, Christmas is the best time of the year. And the reason why, is the one everyone denies, the presents.

We all have to face it, we never wish for a lovely chrissy dinner, or for family to be together, no now-a-days it is unfortunantly all about the presents.

But to the main part of this topic. We all know that when one of your parent's find out what you wan't, they will do everything they can to stop you from getting it. For example, my parents are currently depriving me of GTA3, whilst my brother is using it for a coffee mat. Plus the build-up is so frustrating, watching the clock tick by, until you can finally shove your parents and little sister out of bed and roll them down the stairs so you can open your pressies. The point, if you want a good game, you have to wait. But as consolations we get chocolate advent calenders, and for the lucky few, stockings.

Now ,just leaving the topic for a second, what about the poor kids that don't have a clue what they are getting, and they un-wrap Paris Dakar Rally, or Smackdown 3. Sure they will think yay new game,then, them S.O.B parents got me this piece of junk.

So what are your views about christmas and the build-up?
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:31
Regular
"es argh"
Yeah I'm gonna get Baldurs gate aswell, looks really good, but I'm not really into games like MGS2
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus and being kind to your fellow man.

Still, it would be better if they brought MGS2 forward a bit. I'm looking forward to handling a SOCOM again and taking out a few guards, maybe by shooting them in the legs first so that they squirm a bit.

I'm hoping to get Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance before then, so maybe that will take me through till February as fragging ogres and giants with a flaming sword can be great fun.
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:26
i JUST (2hours ago actually) took my mums credit card and ordered me tonty hawks 23 and GTA3 for Xmas. hopefully theyll come by monday and i can play all day and night.
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:26
Regular
"es argh"
Now I think about it, I getthe exact same stuff, Hmm, maybe someone gives parents the same thing to give to us...but who?
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I find Christmas boring. I get the same stuff every year:

Videogames
Computer games
Films
Chocolate
and
Money
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:20
Regular
"es argh"
As we all have experienced, Christmas is the best time of the year. And the reason why, is the one everyone denies, the presents.

We all have to face it, we never wish for a lovely chrissy dinner, or for family to be together, no now-a-days it is unfortunantly all about the presents.

But to the main part of this topic. We all know that when one of your parent's find out what you wan't, they will do everything they can to stop you from getting it. For example, my parents are currently depriving me of GTA3, whilst my brother is using it for a coffee mat. Plus the build-up is so frustrating, watching the clock tick by, until you can finally shove your parents and little sister out of bed and roll them down the stairs so you can open your pressies. The point, if you want a good game, you have to wait. But as consolations we get chocolate advent calenders, and for the lucky few, stockings.

Now ,just leaving the topic for a second, what about the poor kids that don't have a clue what they are getting, and they un-wrap Paris Dakar Rally, or Smackdown 3. Sure they will think yay new game,then, them S.O.B parents got me this piece of junk.

So what are your views about christmas and the build-up?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.