GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life or Agent Under Fire?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 14:05
Regular
I am going to buy a PS2 game 2morow but I don't know whether I should have Half Life or Agent Under Fire.

Please help as your contribution will be vital.
Fri 30/11/01 at 23:01
i bought half-life generations pack and i always play counterstrike on my modem but ina week or so i'm getting broadband and playing counterstrike is gonna be wicked. i haven't bothered playing the single hallf-life but the counterstrike mods are great
Fri 30/11/01 at 20:12
Regular
"no relation to Jim"
I DO have Half Life on the P.C. But being a Sony chimp I have never been bothered to get past the bit with the crowbar and face crabs etc.

So really I ain't played it enough to have a boring time on the PS2. Still Half Life though?

Thanks for your help!
Fri 30/11/01 at 19:38
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
(if you haven't got it on pc)

HALF LIFE!

GET HALF LIFE!!

IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU, YOU WILL GET HALF LIFE!!!

think about it, the pc version has won over 50 gaming awards and pc gamer have made it the number 1 game in the top 100 best pc games ever!!! u would b a fool to miss it.

(if have got it or played it on the pc)

HALF LIFE!

GET HALF LIFE!!

IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU, YOU WILL GET HALF LIFE!!!

it is really that good (apart from the graphics, its a 3 year old game, but dont let that put u off they r still good graphics)
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
They are both great games but I would go for Half Life, just!!
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:25
Regular
"You Bum!!"
i would go for Half-Life mate. Its a long game and there the magazines have been saying that it is better than Red Faction..Now what more would you want? I may get Hlaf Life for Christmas since I need an adventure game of some sort...even though I will have J & D and Silent Hill 2
Fri 30/11/01 at 15:59
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> If you've never played it before on PC, get Half-Life.

I think this is probably the most important point in making your decision. Its essential for those who haven`t played the original. If you`ve got/played a lot the original, then maybe something new in the form of AUF is a good idea.
Fri 30/11/01 at 15:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you've never played it before on PC, get Half-Life.

You won't regret it.
Fri 30/11/01 at 14:59
"High polygon count"
Personally, I'd say Agent Under Fire, but then I had Half Life on the PC, so I wouldn't want to buy it again.
Fri 30/11/01 at 14:28
wrote:
> I haven't played Half-life yet (but I'll have played it before the weekend is over).
However I have played JBAUF and just submitted my review of it.... in short it is OK, not great, just OK.
I've probably been spoiled by Goldeneye, but surely with the power of PS2 someone somewhere can do a great Bond game ?

Rent before you buy....
Fri 30/11/01 at 14:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm clearly biased though...

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.