GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I won the MGS2 compo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 12:52
Regular
I would like to point out something to everyone at the forums...

I am not trying to show-off in any way, but...

I am the person who truly deserves to win the competition...

I got 1.19 and if that's a mistake, it's 1.25 on my time, and in 4 shots.

I tried very hard and the only reason I lost is b/c PSM2 don't like me very much, b/c they say I call them too many times.
Well...the only reason why I keep calling them is because they told me to call back the next day, because the person I wanted to speak to was not in. They told me call the next day, call the next day, and call the next day. So I did. And what do I get for it...Hatred!

It’s not fair! I am not moaning...so no funny remarks posted here please.

I kept this in my mind from day until night. All I could think about was the day I would receive my prize. But noooohhh…. PSM2 hate me, so I lost.
I did not even get a runner's up prize - HOW RUDE!!!
PSM2 know that I spent money to present entry well. Money I could not afford.

Well…I guess that's life, and there is just nothing I could do about it.

Oh yeah, and one more thing…
The people who won…I wish them all the best, but PSM2 were not accepting any newer entries in the last month. So if there was a different winner last month, how could there be a new one this month…they were not accepting in any more entries. (Rhetorical question).

Anyway…I guess I'll see you guys around…
Sat 01/12/01 at 21:13
Regular
i did not get any of that
Sat 01/12/01 at 21:05
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> what happened to your name?
when you sent the message you were a newbie and now
> you are a Just arrived today?

Seems like someone took the name when I was setting up another. Well actually...quite a long story. I'd rather not discuss it.

Sorry Kid Rock
Sat 01/12/01 at 21:04
Regular
I would like to take this moment in time and thank recent GAD members for the latest posts I have read in this topic. It is very touching to know that you guys care, even if you are joking, which I belive you're not, I still wanted to thank you all.

This is exactly why I love GAD. The prizes, of course...that's one thing. But the poeple as well...they are very, very polite, and I just want you all to know that it feels wonderdful to read something so nice, instead of having to load up the page on your browser to find something terrible and rude.

Thanks everyone...I hope we can continue to talk well in this way in the future. The very much future.
Sat 01/12/01 at 21:01
Regular
what happened to your name?
when you sent the message you were a newbie and now you are a Just arrived today?
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:41
Regular
Heh.

Seriously though, you win, you lose, but if you're happy with your time/entry/topic whatever, who cares if you win or not. Sit happy in the knowledge that you were the true winner.
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:39
Come now Grix, don't taunt the poor boy
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:38
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Yes Grix. Yes you did.

Ha ha! In your FACE!
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:38
Fair enough, don't wish to make any enemies here.

I just thought that you saying the magazine hate you was a bit, er childish?

But yeah, lets let it drop.

I can now too take out Olga in 4 shots :-)

Cheers!
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:34
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> You didn't win, quit whining!

It achieves nothing, no pity, no respect. If
> your name was in the magazine, then fair enough. But its not.

This idea that
> the magazine has singled you out and exempted you from the competition was
> frankly ludicrous - but now I'm starting to understand why.

I always talk good about you I am the Tarrant so please show some respect (I don't mean that in a rude manner dude)

And a short message for everyone at the forums, I mean no harm in this topic, please do not take anything to heart or rude in what I say.

I like everybody here...and I really do not want any problems with anyone

Thanks

p.s. I hope this ends this topic...I have had all weekend thinking about it day in and day out

Thanks everyone

Be well

You friend Son Of Liberty
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:31
Yes Grix. Yes you did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.