GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Breaking News: Shrek 4 & 5 planned"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/07 at 19:14
Regular

I know you all love sequels so it gives me great pleasure to tell you that after the last 3 movies made so much money, Dreamworks are going to make a further 2! That's right, two more Shrek movies full of pop culture references and 70ies tunes. Woo!

*sigh* yeah I'm looking forward to this as much as I am Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 4 which are also in production.

You lot might remember previous threads I've done on animated movies and one of my biggest rants were on sequels. Especially those that are created just to earn more money. It's not about there being more of a story to tell, it's because a bunch of greedy executives want to milk a story for all it's worth.

Studio Ghibli don't do sequels and Pixar were keen not to either. Now that Steve Jobs has sold Pixar to Disney you can expect sequels to every Pixar movie ever made.

I havent seen the third movie yet, but at 41% (RottenTomatoes.com) down from 88% (Shrek 2) I don't think I really want to. God knows why Dreamworks quit with Aardman, atleast Flushed Away managed a 72%, oh that's right it's all about the money =(
Thu 13/09/07 at 18:01
Regular
OMG...
I love them all >.<
I think they're amazing ...
='(
Wed 11/07/07 at 12:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I really enjoyed Shrek and Shrek 2 was good but not as good as the original and I haven't seen the third one yet.

As far as 4 and 5 go I think it's pushing it and just trying to milk the series.

The only 2 series of films that have had a third installment where I've enjoyed all 3 is the Terminator and Back To The Future series as they incorporated all 3 films together to make it a better series of films.
Sat 09/06/07 at 13:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I liked Shrek. I dislike films where pop references are so unsubtle it's hideous. Like Shrek 2.
Thu 07/06/07 at 13:09
Regular
"lets go back"
Not more sequels.
Sun 03/06/07 at 23:20
Regular
"Mooching around"
With spiderman 4,5,6,7,8... all due soon, this'll be the year for sequels! Mark my words...
Sun 03/06/07 at 00:11
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Sheesh.

Are they really making Toy Story 3 & 4? They could be good. But Shrek has run it's course, just let it die.
Thu 31/05/07 at 19:14
Regular

I know you all love sequels so it gives me great pleasure to tell you that after the last 3 movies made so much money, Dreamworks are going to make a further 2! That's right, two more Shrek movies full of pop culture references and 70ies tunes. Woo!

*sigh* yeah I'm looking forward to this as much as I am Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 4 which are also in production.

You lot might remember previous threads I've done on animated movies and one of my biggest rants were on sequels. Especially those that are created just to earn more money. It's not about there being more of a story to tell, it's because a bunch of greedy executives want to milk a story for all it's worth.

Studio Ghibli don't do sequels and Pixar were keen not to either. Now that Steve Jobs has sold Pixar to Disney you can expect sequels to every Pixar movie ever made.

I havent seen the third movie yet, but at 41% (RottenTomatoes.com) down from 88% (Shrek 2) I don't think I really want to. God knows why Dreamworks quit with Aardman, atleast Flushed Away managed a 72%, oh that's right it's all about the money =(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.