GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a great insurance company..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/04/03 at 21:22
Regular
Well, as some of you may know, i got pretty screwed when I got burgled, with half of my room probably being sold at the pub that night.

Well, today I found out that my claim had been accepted, YAY... but I've been capped to 10 games...

WHAT THE FOOK!?!?!?!

I had 50+ odd games and they're giving me back 10, whoop de f'n doo.

Gar, the world is a cruel cruel place, ah well, the bloke that valued our jewellry got burgled a while back, and the townies threw the rabbit cage into the air, causing it to have a heart attack, and they let the other one off into a field...b******s. T'was sad because the bloke was really nice and he called 'em scooby and Doo, and the idiot that did it, hopped up to him saying "Missing something?"

Fook nuking Iraq, nuke the townies...

Gar, angry...
Sun 06/04/03 at 20:15
Regular
Badgerman wrote:
> Fool, look, your the person that'll find it absurd to own more than 2
> games... *shock* *horror* some people actually have a massive
> collection of games/DVD's etc...
>
> To put it bluntly, shut it, you have no idea of the situation, so
> stop strutting round like Billy Big Balls if you've got nothing to
> back up your assumptions.

Mighty big words there. At least I haven't been badgered by someone who wanted to help themselves to my games collection!! LOL!

I think you'll find I own quite a few more than 2 games/DVDs. Whatever number I own, there is one thing I can prove, and that is ownership of each and every one of them.

So, if I ever do get badgered, I won't be losing out like you, where the insurance company clearly believe that you are trying to badger the situation to your benefit.

Oh, and how did you know I have big balls? Pervert.
Fri 04/04/03 at 18:31
Regular
"es argh"
Fool, look, your the person that'll find it absurd to own more than 2 games... *shock* *horror* some people actually have a massive collection of games/DVD's etc...

To put it bluntly, shut it, you have no idea of the situation, so stop strutting round like Billy Big Balls if you've got nothing to back up your assumptions.
Fri 04/04/03 at 12:59
Regular
When too many people screw the system, is there any wonder we get screwed back? A mate of mine got burgled recently and claimed for loads of stuff he never had, and got a lot more than he would have otherwise. Things like this put MY premiums up.

Why should they pay out if you don't have proof that you owned stuff in the first place? Sure, they may pay out for TVs, Hi-Fis and bigger items that people normally have, but when people say they have got 50+ games...yeah, OK. How easy is it to just add a few more to the number you already have? It's the same with CDs and DVDs.

If you are honest, and don't want to get screwed, show proof that you actually bought these games, such as receipts, photos etc. It isn't hard to keep receipts, and if you really did own 50 games, you would have 50 receipts and have no problem claiming for them.

Failing that, stop moaning if you can't get your "50" games back.
Thu 03/04/03 at 23:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
insurance is a very poor system and has many faults for buyers, but it is quite unfair that someone gets robbed and actually get a loss from it?! or not. if you had all your windows shut with approved locks and external doors with a lock that isnt a yale (forgotten what there called) you're seen as safer and so get a slightly improved rate. whats harsh is thieving at christmas, my neighbours were subject to that. to end, crime sucks for the victims and gives crooks a free luxury.
Thu 03/04/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Unless your insurance company has hard evidence that you only had 10 games to start with, you're entitled to dispute their payout and demand that they abide by their policy terms and conditions. (Unless there's something in their smallprint that allows them to do that kind of thing).

Don't stand for it.
Thu 03/04/03 at 21:22
Regular
"es argh"
Well, as some of you may know, i got pretty screwed when I got burgled, with half of my room probably being sold at the pub that night.

Well, today I found out that my claim had been accepted, YAY... but I've been capped to 10 games...

WHAT THE FOOK!?!?!?!

I had 50+ odd games and they're giving me back 10, whoop de f'n doo.

Gar, the world is a cruel cruel place, ah well, the bloke that valued our jewellry got burgled a while back, and the townies threw the rabbit cage into the air, causing it to have a heart attack, and they let the other one off into a field...b******s. T'was sad because the bloke was really nice and he called 'em scooby and Doo, and the idiot that did it, hopped up to him saying "Missing something?"

Fook nuking Iraq, nuke the townies...

Gar, angry...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.