GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"StarCube? What's in a Name?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/00 at 19:43
Regular
Now I'm sure most readers of this have heard the rumours that the next Nintendo console will be called StarCube or maybe GameCube, and I'm sure most people will admit, including strong Nintendo supporters (Which I am) that it's a tad, well, crap. Some may say its not the name but what the machine can do which counts, and its true, very true but the name still counts.
A good name can often sell the machine, its important as a selling point for the company. Dolphin I think is a great name for a machine, it gives the impression of sleekness, grace and just plain coolness. (To steal a line from Edge & Christian all you WWF fans)
Dreamcast is a good name, Playstation is a good name but StarCube? I don't think so!
Nintendo should either stick with the name Dolphin or choose something else, even if they put it upto public vote via their website or something along those lines, they really should change that name for their next console,
I'd love to hear what other people think of my comments and what they think of the name StarCube,
Thank You,
Rebel Rich
Thu 24/08/00 at 19:43
Now I'm sure most readers of this have heard the rumours that the next Nintendo console will be called StarCube or maybe GameCube, and I'm sure most people will admit, including strong Nintendo supporters (Which I am) that it's a tad, well, crap. Some may say its not the name but what the machine can do which counts, and its true, very true but the name still counts.
A good name can often sell the machine, its important as a selling point for the company. Dolphin I think is a great name for a machine, it gives the impression of sleekness, grace and just plain coolness. (To steal a line from Edge & Christian all you WWF fans)
Dreamcast is a good name, Playstation is a good name but StarCube? I don't think so!
Nintendo should either stick with the name Dolphin or choose something else, even if they put it upto public vote via their website or something along those lines, they really should change that name for their next console,
I'd love to hear what other people think of my comments and what they think of the name StarCube,
Thank You,
Rebel Rich
Fri 25/08/00 at 12:01
Regular
"not dead"
Would a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.