GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox and problems"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/11/01 at 19:25
Regular
i just read that the xbox is having masses of problems in the us like faulty cd drives, corupt hard drives, etc, that is why the multi billion dollar pound advertising has not started properly yet and that superstore all over the us are complaining that the console is not working. its expected with a slopy, rushed specs like that.
Thu 29/11/01 at 19:25
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i just read that the xbox is having masses of problems in the us like faulty cd drives, corupt hard drives, etc, that is why the multi billion dollar pound advertising has not started properly yet and that superstore all over the us are complaining that the console is not working. its expected with a slopy, rushed specs like that.
Thu 29/11/01 at 21:08
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
remember when the ps2 was launched, it had loadsa probs, like faulty dvd player, disc error messages when the disc was fine and it used to freeze mid game. - these dont or vey rarly happen now, so i think by ther the time the x-box comes out over here, there may b a few small probs with it to begin wiv, but the majorprobs should be sorted.

but the question still remains, y did microsoft/sony release their consols if they had problems?

to rip us off? maybe? maybe not?
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:43
"High polygon count"
I too have made a post about the reliability of the Xbox, as have several other people.

In all fairness, it depends on the percentage of faulty units. PS2's problems were fairly well known, but in reality it only affected around 5% of the total number of units sold, which is tiny.

I could well be the same with the Xbox.

Both machines have ve been so hyped that people are queuing up to laugh at the respective companies. I suspect that if you did enough digging you'd also find that a number of Gamecube's were faulty too. The main difference is that, in typical Nintendo style, there's been no hype at all about the Gamecube (comparatively speaking) and so no-one has really paid that much attention to the faulty units.

It's not unusual for new, hi-tech electronics to suffer teething and reliability problems, be they consoles, DVD players, TV's or whatever.
Fri 30/11/01 at 13:50
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
i think the x-box has only been over hyped by the general public and unoffical resources such as magazines and newspapers, i have not seen that much hyping up from microsoft x-box themselves (just the odd advert here there - no more than say coca cola advertise their product).

i think all the hype has come from the fact that x-box has the components, the backing and the ability to be the best games consol ever, and alot of peole r trying to knock it down b4 its release because of this.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Don't mess"
In my opinion microsoft will not sell duff equipment if they can help it as it will only be bad publicity for them and that is the last thing they need
Thu 10/01/02 at 21:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The proportion of faulty Xbox's at launch is lower than the proportion of faulty Ps2s.

There were also faulty DCs at launch, and faulty GCs.

It ALWAYS happens that some of the first batch of a product (c. 5%) will have a fault... it's nothing big.

OH, but because it's Microsoft (who everyone hates), we have to draw attention to them over everyone else! And hype reports about failures too!

Sonic
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:49
Regular
Yeah, there will always be faulty machines as nothing in the world is perfect and so is the machinery and labour used to make the consoles.
Fri 11/01/02 at 15:37
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
According to reports its not a small number of machines, its a lot more than 5% and also some of the software is buggy. There has been reports of games crashing when the vibration function is used and also games crashing due to over heating. Seams the first batch was soundproofed so well that it did not let the sound or heat out. I am sure that they have solved the major bugs buy now. That’s one good thing about being last to get everything, when it does come out they have it working properly. We hope!
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
But, the number of machines suffering from these problems is only tiny in comparison to the sheer number of consoles that have been sold. It's a fair trade off in the grand scheme of things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.