GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 winner in OPSM2 mag…"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/11/01 at 17:01
Regular
Does anyone know who the winner is yet for the MGS2 compo in PSM2 magazine. I believe the winner will be written in issue 17, this month. But is it out, and if so...does anyone know yet?

Thank you
Thu 29/11/01 at 19:49
"High polygon count"
And the winner is...

[Drum roll...]

Dean Pereira, who gets the first UK copy of MGS2 a week earlier than it's available in the shops.

Runners-up were Deniz Nazif and Paul Fletcher, who each get a signed box-set of MGS1.

Unfortunately, and stupidly, PSM2 appear to have forgotten to print the actual winning times!
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> cheers dude, though prancing up and down the deck and rolling about is quite
> good fun too!

HAHA - Yes, yes it is in fact.

Nice call there I am the Tarrant

See you around sometime
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:27
cheers dude, though prancing up and down the deck and rolling about is quite good fun too!
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:25
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Its pretty straight forward, once you've got the formula down. My only problem
> is taking out olga so quick, how do you do it?

4 shots right?

That's right m8 - think like a Jedi, but don't think, LOL.

Feel is the trick in any game.

All you have to do is sty standing in the place where Snake id originally in the scene. Then use you rightangle and first person controls to aim at the create.box in front of you. Wait for OLGA...Then, as she pops out here head, shoot her in the neck. Quite difficult and fustrating the first few times, but a lot of fun, since it's quite a challenge.
Keep doing this form the very same spot you stat on. Never move. Let Olga move. Whenever you see her stop and pop out her head, shoot her once more.

That's it m8 - I hope this helps
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:20
Its pretty straight forward, once you've got the formula down. My only problem is taking out olga so quick, how do you do it?

4 shots right?
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> 1.19 is v. good, on v. hard skill level, which I'll assume he was on......

Well the compo stated medium difficulty settings (everything had to be on normal)

Wish it was though

I am sure I could do it
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:17
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> The PSM2 result is in the mag, yes. At work at the mo so I can't tell you who
> it was.

Thank you anyway WòókieeMøn§†€® - it's still very thoughtful of you to reply back

Thanks
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:16
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Mystique wrote:
> is 1.19 good? i havent entered so i wouldnt know

Please forgive my rude reply earlier Mystique - I thought you were being sarcastic with me.

Sorry

and yes that is the best time PSM2 have heard of

I just hope they accepted it in the compo

Unfortunately I do not know if they will...I have been annoying them a lot regarding the compo as it is.
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:14
1.19 is v. good, on v. hard skill level, which I'll assume he was on......
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:09
Regular
is 1.19 good? i havent entered so i wouldnt know

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.