GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's up Sony's sleeve"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/00 at 19:00
Regular
The Gameboy Advanced may have a rival!!

I recently spoke to a mate of mine who works for a game development company (which i probably shouldn't mention) but he said that his company were recently approach by Sony with a fesabillity study regarding a new handheld that they are interested in putting in to production. The un-named system is a aimed to be a direct rival to Gameboy advanced with similar capabilities but with one major advantage, it will use MiniDisc instead of cartridge, a distinct advantage allowing for full motion video and almost CD quality sound etc. Suggestions were also made to somehow incorporate the pocket station that was a weird memory card thing that was only available in Japan.

As cool as this all sounds Sony were only really researching into interest from games developers but could this be the start of another handheld swarm? I hope so!!
Thu 24/08/00 at 19:00
The Gameboy Advanced may have a rival!!

I recently spoke to a mate of mine who works for a game development company (which i probably shouldn't mention) but he said that his company were recently approach by Sony with a fesabillity study regarding a new handheld that they are interested in putting in to production. The un-named system is a aimed to be a direct rival to Gameboy advanced with similar capabilities but with one major advantage, it will use MiniDisc instead of cartridge, a distinct advantage allowing for full motion video and almost CD quality sound etc. Suggestions were also made to somehow incorporate the pocket station that was a weird memory card thing that was only available in Japan.

As cool as this all sounds Sony were only really researching into interest from games developers but could this be the start of another handheld swarm? I hope so!!
Thu 24/08/00 at 19:24
The only thing Sony have up their sleeve is a money making con like the Playstation was!

Just to let you know what Sony are really like: My friends cousin works for Sony and he hates them!!!

I'm not naming him though as he'll probably lose his job!
Fri 25/08/00 at 23:02
oh no, sony made the mini disc, the walkman THE PLAYSTATION the dv playr and pretty much everythin else
Sat 26/08/00 at 00:20
sony only think about money which they think they will get
but at the end of the day they will recieve nothing because
no one is interested in buying an over priced playstation 2.

by the time time you have bought a psx 2 a psx 3 will be in production.

It is so annoying how when you a computer another one, better design, shape, etc will be in the shop

there should be a limit of how long a company should be able to sell a product before creating a newer, better model.

soon the psx will be like the mega drive, it will go for £50. no one will be interested in it and for those who are the games will be hard to find.

why bother making a psx 2 because everyone is satisfied with the psx they have so they wont want to be buying another.

i know one thing why should i buy a new product when i am satisfied with the one i've got and many people will think the same.
Sat 26/08/00 at 09:35
You say that you're happy with your PSX well good for you but you just wait until you've had yours as long as mine and the laser goes all funky and the only way you can play games is by turning the sucker over. It's no fun i can tell you. PS2 will irradicate this problem with its CD draw system and the price tag can easily be justified because it comes with a built in DVD player (which i dont have yet). Going through this forum i often wonder and i tthe only person in europe who wants PS2?
Sat 26/08/00 at 12:41
Everyone wants a ps2 but hey can't afford it and they can't be arsed to work so they are bitter. Ex n64 fans hate ps2 as they feel they have to and dc fans are just worried about their console failing.
Sat 26/08/00 at 16:16
Regular
No 1. I don't want a PS2, and neither do many people who often contribute to this web site.
No 2. You are insulting yourself and fans of the PS2, read what you wrote again carefully.
No 3. I am a n64 fan, not an ex one, and I do not hate the PS2, I just think that it is not the best console, like gorgonzola is not the best cheese.
No 4. DC fans are avid fans and are looking forward to a large array of great games coming up.
Sat 26/08/00 at 19:03
YEAH! UP CHEDDAR! Anyway... i don't like the Playstation 2 because i didn't like the first one and i think it was just a con, as many people do, i believe the PS2 will be a con too! I own an N64, but that's no reason to hate PS2 it's a reason not to buy one, because the N64 should tide me over console wise till either the Dolphin or the X-Box (not sure which i'll get, the X-Box is certainly intriguing and is based on the games machine i trust, the PC, it is also from a very good computer company Microsoft! Whereas the Dolphin is from a respected company which have been making good consoles for years so that's a safe bet, but do i want to take the easy way?). Bloomin' Sony, they should stick to what they do bast, as it has been said many times before. Mini Disc you say? can't they be copied really easily?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.