GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should the next Final Fantasy be the FINAL Fantasy."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X'.
Sat 05/04/03 at 16:22
Regular
Final Fantasy games have been going longer than I can remember. The first one I played was FF7 on the PS1, it was pretty good for an RPG and overall it wasn't too bad. However, I think the makers have been pushing their luck for ages with these ongoing games. What's everyone else's opinion?
Sat 05/04/03 at 18:21
"period drama"
Pffffft.
*Slap*

Each one's a great game in it's own right.
If they were all made and produced by different people, all with different names, this argument wouldn't be going on.

If you're going to criticise a long-running series, let it be Fifa or something. Not a series where the game game is totally different in every way.

And if it's getting a little samey for you, wait for FFX-2. They're trying out a lot of new ideas, a lot, a lot.
For example, you can practically go where you want right from the start, meaning it's much less linear than every other RPG ever.

FFXI (online) will be crap. Putting it online removes everything that makes FF what it is - characters, story lines, development and great locations.

But expect XII to be right back on form .
Boo-yeah.
Sat 05/04/03 at 18:17
Regular
"I'm Great."
Sufferdd from claustaphobia (sp). I wanted a world map and airship together. Like in the previoius games. It gave a sense of freedom. I like that in a game.
Sat 05/04/03 at 17:24
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
*Chases Ash with a pitchfork*

I WILL kill you. But FFX was pretty crap, admittedly. Was bloody linear.
Sat 05/04/03 at 17:22
Regular
Can't stand them. They are too stop-start they get on my nerves.
Sat 05/04/03 at 17:07
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Well said Cid :)
Sat 05/04/03 at 17:06
Regular
"I'm Great."
If they're great games then keep them coming, if not, stop. Simple enough. I would still like to see more though.
Sat 05/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Keep 'em going, but they shouldn't keep numbering them. They should just note down the sub title on the case, as it'll get a bit ridiculous when we get FFXXXIII
Sat 05/04/03 at 16:22
Regular
Final Fantasy games have been going longer than I can remember. The first one I played was FF7 on the PS1, it was pretty good for an RPG and overall it wasn't too bad. However, I think the makers have been pushing their luck for ages with these ongoing games. What's everyone else's opinion?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.