GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!! Part 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/11/01 at 13:40
Regular
Welcome once agaiin to....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Many of us believe gaming to be a risk free hobby, well the four individuals to feature today know that to be untrue, for they know what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Your Honour isn't stupid, you don't get into a position like the one he is on by being a pathetic, uncoordinated wretch, so the events that took place were not down to his own mistakes, simply the consequences of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Your Honour arrived home after a difficult day in court, a lawyer trying to blame video games for his client's wrong doing had wound him up completely, and what better way to unwind that a quick game of Gran Turismo3?

So YH started to play. During his race he realised that he was rather warm. He didn't want to ruin his flow in the game, but he really was very hot indeed. He decided that he could drop one arm out of his cardigan, then the other, only letting go of the pad for a second, if he did it on a straight he'd be fine. Or so he thought.

The first arm came out simply enough, but he hadn't prepared for what was about to happen! When he took his hand from the pad the cardigan slippe ddown, but it gor stuck on YH's watch! He was approaching a bend, and needed his fingers back fast, so thrust them onto the pad through the sleeve of his cardigan. He finished the race in this position. He then realised that the pad was now quite stuck in the cardican, along with his watch, and hand. He pulled away from the pad sharply, hoping that it would fall from it's woolen prison. Unfortunately this wasn't the case, the console let go of the lead in the contoller port. YH was not expecting this, as the end of the lead flew from the consoel, striking him right on the bridge of the nose!

YH was able to untangle his cardigan - joypad mess now he had removed it from the port, and he would be able to play again, but he'd never forget his experience of what happened....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

RastaBillySkank is another unfortunate gamer to have seen what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

An avid Nintendo fan he was very excited by the prospect of the Gamecube. He knew they had one in a shop in Cambridge, and went on a mission to see it first hand.

He went into the store, and saw it on the demo screen, playing Wave Race. RBS though it was amazing. RBS could not take his eyes from the screen as he approached it, wanting to get as close as possible. Looking up at the screen he didn't see the display of Gameboy Advance's, and walked right into them! They colapsed around RBS feet, and he too fell, slightly grazing his wrist on the rough carpet!

RBS will certainly be more careful now he has felt the fear of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Bonus also knows of the horror....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Bonus was walking home one evening, a bitterly cold evening, as they all were in Scotland. He could feel his nose running onto his top lip, but freezing solid before it got any further. His fingers were stiff, almost like little popsicles. He was incerdiblt relieved to get home, and thought that a quick game of Pro Evo Soccer would soon heat him up, get the blood pumping around again properly.

He approached his PS2, game in hand. He opened up the tray and removed his copy of Braveheart. He attempted to swithc the discs but his frozen hands just wouldn't respond as intended, he dropped Pro Evo onto the cold stone floor below. He bent doen to pick it up, forgetting that the disc tray was still open! His head banged into it, spun the PS2 around, and it fell onto the back of his head as he reached for the disc!

A nasty bump on the head was bad enough, but he'll never forget the terror of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Although the three of them have all had nasty experiences caused....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

But they have gotten away incredibly lightly when compared to Sniper.

Sniper was struggling to sleep, those stupid idiots were coming out of the club down the road, and keeping him awake. He decided to have a quick game of Jet Force Gemini on his trusty old Nintendo 64.

He couldn't tuen the light on though, for fear of disturbing his parents, they didn't like for him to play games after midnight, thought a growing lad needed his sleep.

Sniper switched on the television, and set out across the dark room to swich on his N64. Half way across the room disaster stuck...

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Sniper stood upon a stray rumble pak, a nasty third party one, and it shattered. He was fortunate in that the broken plastic didn't pierce his skin, but it still hurt. Sniper continued towards his trusty console, not one to let a small set back trouble him, onlt his next step was directly onto the batteries that had rolled from the broken rumble pak! The batteries begun to move under his foot, and Sniper had two choices, fall, or ride on the batteries. He chose to ride, not wanting to land on the shattered plastic of the rumble pak. Unfortunatel once those batteries started moving they didn't want to stop, and Sniper was carried right into the wall! Unfortunatley for Sniper this wall was where his games were kept, on a shelf, and the impact with the wall had caused the shelf to fall, and all of Snipers games with it, directly onto Sniper's head.
Sniper will think twice before trying to game in the dark again now that he knows what can occur....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:53
Regular
"Hoo Har"
As soon as I saw the title of the topic it was the first topic of today that I clicked on.
Brilliant Meka, keep them coming...
Thu 29/11/01 at 16:00
Regular
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. It was all going so well, and then Sniper comes along, and doesn't die.

I find your experimentation very brave.
Thu 29/11/01 at 15:59
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
>YH - Val Doonican wannabe.

And what's wrong with that?!?

Top of his Xmas list... a rocking
> chair.

Nah, already got one. It's a normal chair, except I broke on of the legs off to give that rocking motion...

YH: Using his initiative since that time he had 19 pints and a curry. His bathroom has never been the same since...
Thu 29/11/01 at 15:57
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Am I the only one who reads these in my mind with an over-dramatic, gravely
> American accent?

I do it as well, imagining some comedy cheap 70's style logo flashing diagonally across the screen with a dramatic chord played.

Comedy value: At it's best.
Thu 29/11/01 at 15:56
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I see sniper's accident wasn't fatal. I expect he's quite pleased about that.
Thu 29/11/01 at 15:54
Regular
Yeah, I do too Wookiee.

But I have music too.

And an electric snare drum thing.
Thu 29/11/01 at 14:28
"High polygon count"
Am I the only one who reads these in my mind with an over-dramatic, gravely American accent?

Try it... it really adds to the comedy value!
Thu 29/11/01 at 14:26
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> By the way, how did you know about my cardigan fetish...?

YH - Val Doonican wannabe.

Top of his Xmas list... a rocking chair.
Thu 29/11/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Not your monkey"
LOL - they are getting better! Roll on number 4!
Thu 29/11/01 at 13:54
Regular
LOL!!!

Very good, the best yet!

By the way, how did you know about my cardigan fetish...?

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.