GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Gaming, reality vs. imagination"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
For the last 6 years I have found myself involved with all sorts of video games. When I was younger, I found myself playing games such as The Ledgend Of Zelda, and Star Wars. I also enjoyed Baseball, and Hockey games. When I was younger, I never played vilent video games like James Bond. It was partly because my mother wouldn't let me. However, over the years she gave in and allowed my to play more recent video games like the HalfLife Series and Mech-Warriors. With the current war in Iraq, I can no longer play these video games. The thought of people getting murdered even if it is fiction, makes me angry. I have currently given these games up, at least until the War is over and I have forget about. People give their lives up and we mimic their courageous acts in video games. This war has been very hard for me because my older brother, 22, is fighting. I pray for him every night and I would appreciate if you prayed for him too. Thank you.
Thu 10/04/03 at 12:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
machine1 wrote:
> Have you ever played a game called The Longest Journey? Now that is
> one hell of a thinking game and quite long too.

Only got as far as playing the demo, it's a game that did and still interests me and I might just pick it up some day in the near future, if I have time that is.
Wed 09/04/03 at 11:28
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> I think the games industry needs both imagination and reality. I like
> realistic game because I find them challanging, and it just so happens
> I like a good challange. I like games where I have to think more, use
> my own imagination to figure my way around situations which I genrally
> find more rewarding.
>
> However, realism does get overwhelming sometimes which is where my two
> consoles come into play. When I have had enough of gritty realism I
> can just plug in one of my consoles and spend the next couple of hours
> loosing myself in non too serious but fun game, and when that gets
> boring, back to realism.
>
> I like having both, especially because if I only had one (either
> Realism or imagination) I'd get bored all too often.

Have you ever played a game called The Longest Journey? Now that is one hell of a thinking game and quite long too.
Tue 08/04/03 at 11:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think the games industry needs both imagination and reality. I like realistic game because I find them challanging, and it just so happens I like a good challange. I like games where I have to think more, use my own imagination to figure my way around situations which I genrally find more rewarding.

However, realism does get overwhelming sometimes which is where my two consoles come into play. When I have had enough of gritty realism I can just plug in one of my consoles and spend the next couple of hours loosing myself in non too serious but fun game, and when that gets boring, back to realism.

I like having both, especially because if I only had one (either Realism or imagination) I'd get bored all too often.
Mon 07/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Bump
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
If this is so, why did you play games before the war with Iraq. Weren't people getting murdered then too, weren't troops risking their lives by the hour, won't these things still be happening after Iraq is free. We can't down games every time action is taking place over sea's. If we did, we'de never play. Perhaps rather that thinking of games as mimicing heros, think of them as a tribute to them, and realise games show how crappy war can be.
Sat 05/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
For the last 6 years I have found myself involved with all sorts of video games. When I was younger, I found myself playing games such as The Ledgend Of Zelda, and Star Wars. I also enjoyed Baseball, and Hockey games. When I was younger, I never played vilent video games like James Bond. It was partly because my mother wouldn't let me. However, over the years she gave in and allowed my to play more recent video games like the HalfLife Series and Mech-Warriors. With the current war in Iraq, I can no longer play these video games. The thought of people getting murdered even if it is fiction, makes me angry. I have currently given these games up, at least until the War is over and I have forget about. People give their lives up and we mimic their courageous acts in video games. This war has been very hard for me because my older brother, 22, is fighting. I pray for him every night and I would appreciate if you prayed for him too. Thank you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.