GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 2'.
Sat 05/04/03 at 20:32
Regular
I got Resident Evil 2 for the PS1 today for £3!!!!

It was pre-owned, granted, but what sort of person would sell such a great game for that price. Fools. Mine now, hur hur!
Thu 17/04/03 at 07:16
Regular
"Party Hard"
Okay, I've found exactly what is going on with the re-releases of Resi 2 and 3.

Apparently CAPCOM have decided to re-release the old versions, with only slightly improved backgrounds because they don't want to spend loads of money on re-making them, knowing that they most probably wouldn't sell as well as something like...say...Resident evil 4.

Therefore, due to CAPCOM not having to spend heaps of cash on these re-releases they will be priced at a relatively cheap £30, and are likely to come down in price before long.

Resident Evil 4 is still planned, and these two previous versions are still fine games. £30 is still a bit steep when you can get the PSone version for a few quid, though...
Fri 11/04/03 at 08:23
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Cyclone wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> Nintendo, how could you!
>
> CAPCOM.

Shuttup!
Thu 10/04/03 at 20:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Nintendo, how could you!

CAPCOM.
Thu 10/04/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Party Hard"
Blank wrote:
> Well I'd rather have them spend the time on Resi 0 and 4, to be
> honest. If you want prettier versions of old games rather than
> completely new ones then feel free to complain.

Well, being a massive fan of the original (As in the first EVER Resi), I found the GC remake a stunning return to the mansion of hell. I found it so thrilling to be able to view one of the greatest classics of all time in new, up to date graphics. There were even new puzzles and areas chucked in there too! I found it a dream come true, and up until getting Metroid Prime this morning, it was my favourite game on Gamecube.
Thu 10/04/03 at 19:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well I'd rather have them spend the time on Resi 0 and 4, to be honest. If you want prettier versions of old games rather than completely new ones then feel free to complain.
Thu 10/04/03 at 11:38
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I was hugley disappointed when I heard that Resi 2 & 3 were only going to be PS1 ports and not proper remakes like the original. A real opportunity missed I feel.
Wed 09/04/03 at 12:23
Regular
I just want to say that i own all the R E's on the PSX and ill like to say.

1 was rubbish
directors cut was rubbish
2 was alright but then it became easy and boring
3 was the best one out
gun survivor was alright first time you played it.
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Hurrah! Still, too long to wait :-(

I changed my claims for Resident evil's on the cube, shame eh!
Tue 08/04/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Party Hard"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Yeah Resi 4 should be great, and online if and when it comes out

There's no 'if' about it, CAPCOM have confirmed it.

Bet we won't see it in the shops for about another year and a half, though.
Mon 07/04/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Um, yeah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.