GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I take pleasure in Bonsai trees?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online'.
Sun 06/04/03 at 08:31
Regular
heh, gotta love that word select feature in Phantasy Star Online (which is where the title from this thread has been inspired by) Tilta knows what i'm refering to :) speaking of which, how many of you in the forums have actually got PSO online? I know Tilta has as we were both on last night playing "famitsu maximum attack" quest where you get shedloads of monsters coming at you at once and you have a limited time to kill as many as possible and get to the end, we both got floored by the monsters eventually but it's a great quest for exp :) oh and btw EviL DaRk i'm now level 53 so if youve got it online and want a battle let me know.

Anyways if any of you have actually got the game online then post you character lvls, times that your usually on (PM) and what ship, block, etc then we could get a team of four or teams of fours alternating or whatever depending on how many are online and do quests, lvl up, chat in lobbies (and watch the people who actaully have keyboards provide entertainment of sorts with the "looby actions" shortcuts on the stage area whcih is perfect due to the lobby chairs) oh and of course Battle mode, look out EviL DaRk :) but seriously it is really great online for those of you who still arent sure about it and the modem etc isnt that much of a cost as it's a one off payment and you can use it for all future online titles.

Ive been playing this game since version 1 on the DC and it was great then and is even better on GC, there has never been a better time to join PSO online, and if you don't beleive me ask tilta, EviL DaRk etc as they will no doubt tell you how great it is, some say it's hype I say nay, one of the main things which makes PSO so great is the community and the sense of bellonging and that youve entered a new world when you take your first steps into PSO online and that community is ever growing, so join now :)

slik ~_~
Fri 11/04/03 at 15:54
Regular
For broadband you'll need an ethernet port on your modem and preferably a network card.

If you don't have a network card (I don't) then you have to turn the modem off everytime you want to use it with your Gamecube.

If you haven't got an Ethernet port, I'm sure there is a way of doing it but i haven't got a clue how. I'm about as knowledgable about PC's as a dried up snail.

Got my keyboard from Datel the other day thank god, using the in game keyboard is similiar to punching yourself in the face just not as much fun.
Wed 09/04/03 at 17:05
Regular
$lik wrote:
> you do, you have to pay £5.99 per month after your month free
> trial has expired, what i meant was the cost of the modem is'nt that
> bad considering that once youve bought it your gamecube is essentially
> online ready and you can then just use it with any other future online
> titles, so allthough it may seem like your jus getting a modem to play
> PSO and it might seem expensive in time you'll just get used to the
> idea of online gaming on ur GC and all you'll have to pay in the
> future will be monthly fees for the online games that u buy, neways
> it's a heck of a lot cheaper then the rip-off scheme that is xbox live
> as you have to allready have a BB line and thats £30 a month,
> Xbox live started kit £40, fee to Microsoft £20 a month,
> and additional game charges, so basically in comparison Gamecube +
> Online = cheap as chips (in a way):)
>
> slik ~_~

hhhmmm

GC
i thought GC was £40 for either Broadband or Dialup Modem, this will require a dialup or Broadband account.

Question1, dialup can u plug this straight to phone line?
Question2, Broadband, does it require to go via an exsisting ASDL modem? via ethernet/or PC/USB.

and mothly charge $8.99

XBOX
40 quid for Xbox live but also need Broadband account and go via a exsisting ASDL modem either via a ethernet slot or via ur PC, think that connects u for 12 months.
Wed 09/04/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
I should be online by may. hopefully i will be able to find some others to play me. hopefully.
Sun 06/04/03 at 17:23
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
$lik wrote:
fee to Microsoft £20 a month,

I don't know where you heard that...You nutter.
Sun 06/04/03 at 17:15
Regular
"DS..."
you do, you have to pay £5.99 per month after your month free trial has expired, what i meant was the cost of the modem is'nt that bad considering that once youve bought it your gamecube is essentially online ready and you can then just use it with any other future online titles, so allthough it may seem like your jus getting a modem to play PSO and it might seem expensive in time you'll just get used to the idea of online gaming on ur GC and all you'll have to pay in the future will be monthly fees for the online games that u buy, neways it's a heck of a lot cheaper then the rip-off scheme that is xbox live as you have to allready have a BB line and thats £30 a month, Xbox live started kit £40, fee to Microsoft £20 a month, and additional game charges, so basically in comparison Gamecube + Online = cheap as chips (in a way):)

slik ~_~
Sun 06/04/03 at 10:02
Regular
One off payment? I thought you had to pay £5 a month.
Sun 06/04/03 at 08:31
Regular
"DS..."
heh, gotta love that word select feature in Phantasy Star Online (which is where the title from this thread has been inspired by) Tilta knows what i'm refering to :) speaking of which, how many of you in the forums have actually got PSO online? I know Tilta has as we were both on last night playing "famitsu maximum attack" quest where you get shedloads of monsters coming at you at once and you have a limited time to kill as many as possible and get to the end, we both got floored by the monsters eventually but it's a great quest for exp :) oh and btw EviL DaRk i'm now level 53 so if youve got it online and want a battle let me know.

Anyways if any of you have actually got the game online then post you character lvls, times that your usually on (PM) and what ship, block, etc then we could get a team of four or teams of fours alternating or whatever depending on how many are online and do quests, lvl up, chat in lobbies (and watch the people who actaully have keyboards provide entertainment of sorts with the "looby actions" shortcuts on the stage area whcih is perfect due to the lobby chairs) oh and of course Battle mode, look out EviL DaRk :) but seriously it is really great online for those of you who still arent sure about it and the modem etc isnt that much of a cost as it's a one off payment and you can use it for all future online titles.

Ive been playing this game since version 1 on the DC and it was great then and is even better on GC, there has never been a better time to join PSO online, and if you don't beleive me ask tilta, EviL DaRk etc as they will no doubt tell you how great it is, some say it's hype I say nay, one of the main things which makes PSO so great is the community and the sense of bellonging and that youve entered a new world when you take your first steps into PSO online and that community is ever growing, so join now :)

slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.