GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've got the Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 20:59
Regular
I've got the american imported version of the gamecube
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:59
I've got the american imported version of the gamecube
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:03
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
and...
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:05
What do you mean "and" It totally Rocks
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:16
Regular
Oh dear, this is getting a regular event everynight now, a newbie comes on at least once a night and posts a crap and pointless topic.
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:23
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I've got the Gamecube too, to stop it rocking jam the instructions under the left side of the console, it will then be nice and stable.
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't really see the point in importing a GameCube from abroad! Cuz you're gunna need import games to play it on really aren't you! And will the on-line gaming stuff work between foreign GameCubes??? Without some kind of expensive adapter?? I bet it cost another £100 just for the console, and howmany games have you got? It's at least £60 per import game surely!! And there's the extra shipping costs and p&p!! Why bother??? You could just wait till March and still save yourself.........nearly 200 quid!

But, congratulations on being one of the first people to have one in the UK,I ENVY YOU!!!
Thu 29/11/01 at 22:23
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> I don't really see the point in importing a GameCube from abroad!...

Reason:

Import games:
*Come out sooner
*Run faster
*Many imports do not come out in this country

An import console can then be chipped so that it will play any region games... giving you the best of both worlds. This costs about £30.

And remember, games abroad cost less. So although it costs a mint to import via UK companies, it is far cheaper to buy games if you happen to go abroad often, and buy them there.

Sonic
Fri 30/11/01 at 16:57
Regular
Seymour your MSN address wouldn't happen to be [email protected] would it?
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:50
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
SonicRav wrote:
> Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> I don't really see the point in importing a GameCube
> from abroad!...

Reason:

Import games:
*Come out sooner
*Run
> faster
*Many imports do not come out in this country

An import console can
> then be chipped so that it will play any region games... giving you the best of
> both worlds. This costs about £30.

And remember, games abroad cost
> less. So although it costs a mint to import via UK companies, it is far cheaper
> to buy games if you happen to go abroad often, and buy them there.

Sonic

when you chip the gamecube , you dont actually have to by a chip , you buy a switch and the wires (try liksang.com) and then solder them onto a small bit of metal inside the gamecube , this switches the japanese text from japanese to english , but i dont think you can play pal games on it , so you will have to buy a chip for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.