GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simple,dimple,pimple."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 19:55
Regular
I don't know about you lot, but I prefer games which are easy to master without using one hundred and one different button combinations.

I mean what is a game anyway, it should be something enjoyable, not having to pick up the instruction manuel every five seconds.

What is a manuel anyway, who reads them?

I just like to put the disk in and play, play until my eyes get tiered anyway.

Take virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast, only two buttons- fast shot and lob shot, how easy can you get but what a great game?

Does anyone agree or disagree?

PS. I do read an instruction manual sometimes - honest.

Cheers Chrusher.
Thu 29/11/01 at 12:20
Regular
"I confused?"
Goldeneye=simple effective gameplay and I haven't even looked at the manual even though I've had it for 3-4 months.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:48
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I love reading manuals. I've had games that dont include manuals. Like that rip off "sold~out" software, wich have it on the game disk, but fortunatly they only sell old games on the PC so it's ok.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:38
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> On the DC controller:

B (then as quickly as possible) R-Trigger. Drive ->
> Accelerate.

Cheers I shall try that on the DC controller.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:36
Regular
On the DC controller:

B (then as quickly as possible) R-Trigger. Drive -> Accelerate.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:31
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> I do prefer arcade-style control that I can get into straight away, but which
> evolves the more I master it - like say, Crazy Taxi or Jet Set Radio.

Those games are classics and do get better the more you play and master the controls.
I still can't perform one of those super duper crazy dashes,
how do you pull it off?
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:22
Regular
I do prefer arcade-style control that I can get into straight away, but which evolves the more I master it - like say, Crazy Taxi or Jet Set Radio.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:13
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Whether it's simple control or complicated control - that's not the point. Good
> control is what it's about.

You have a valid point, I hate it when you just can't fathem which way the contols actaully are and end up pressing all the wrong buttons because of bad programing.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:05
Regular
Whether it's simple control or complicated control - that's not the point. Good control is what it's about.
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:57
Regular
I like both types. Tennis is great fun, drunk, but when I want a more indepth gaming experience. *cough*. Then I play X-Wing Alliance or something, which has loads of key combinations, but every one is useful, and you'll use one time or the next.
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:55
I don't know about you lot, but I prefer games which are easy to master without using one hundred and one different button combinations.

I mean what is a game anyway, it should be something enjoyable, not having to pick up the instruction manuel every five seconds.

What is a manuel anyway, who reads them?

I just like to put the disk in and play, play until my eyes get tiered anyway.

Take virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast, only two buttons- fast shot and lob shot, how easy can you get but what a great game?

Does anyone agree or disagree?

PS. I do read an instruction manual sometimes - honest.

Cheers Chrusher.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.