GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Is It?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 18:10
Regular
Despite the fact that Gamecube is easier to develop for, there are only around 80 games lined up for the cubes first year, yet there are hundreds of XBox and PS2 games in the same time.

Thats how it comes across to me, and I don't like it!
Wed 28/11/01 at 18:10
Despite the fact that Gamecube is easier to develop for, there are only around 80 games lined up for the cubes first year, yet there are hundreds of XBox and PS2 games in the same time.

Thats how it comes across to me, and I don't like it!
Wed 28/11/01 at 18:16
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
That's one of the reasons why I got a PS2 and don't want a GC anymore.
Wed 28/11/01 at 18:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That doesn;t mean Nintendo +co. aren't coming up with ideas and producing new ones for the GC's second year. You could have said the same for the N64. And several years later, the likes of Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day were released!! So it's only a matter of time and waiting. You shouldn't judge a console by what's released in it's first year! The PS2's got some great stuff, but it could all go wrong for them in 2 years time! And Nintendo could produce even more great titles in 2 years time!
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Solskjaer_24, the N64 is the worst example of under-development! It was released with one game, had only 4 games 3 months later, and development never picked up very much compared to the Plastation. (Although there were some great games).

GrimMetal has made a good point that the GC, although it does have good support, is still far, far behind Sony and MS in the volume of games appearing on the console. The reason is simply that MS and Sony are targetting a far bigger audience.

Sonic
Wed 28/11/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Although GC doesn't have as many developers supporting it as PS2 does, you can bet it'll have just as many (if not more) quality titles. Quantity isn't everything. But it does help.

But GC does have the support of many of the most major developers. But Square? Well we can hope...
Wed 28/11/01 at 23:10
Regular
Twain X wrote:
> That's one of the reasons why I got a PS2 and don't want a GC anymore.

Why are you expecting to buy 100's of games in the first year?
Wed 28/11/01 at 23:14
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah...

He's getting pirated copies for a fiver a pop!

;-)
Thu 29/11/01 at 09:24
Quality games or not, it would be nice to have a console from Nintendo for once that has hundreds of decent THIRD party games and not just decent in house games. I could count the number of decent N64 third party games on the tip of my tiny finger.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.