GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Boy Advance- are they any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 17:47
Regular
My friend got a game boy advance a few weeks ago and when I had a go I thought it was rubbish. For one thing I couldn't see it very well and also I didn't think there was any difference between it and Game boy color. Now by brother wants one for christmas and I think he is making a big mistake wot do you think?
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
SCAMPS wrote:
> Son of Liberty wrote>
it's a handheld piece of...um..well, you know...
>

It`s a handheld piece of heaven,thats what it is.

LOL - I meant no harm
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Neo-Genetic wrote:
> SOL:There won't be for some time....

I guess yo are write and can not argue then
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:47
SOL:There won't be for some time....
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:45
Son of Liberty wrote>
it's a handheld piece of...um..well, you know...

It`s a handheld piece of heaven,thats what it is.
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:45
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
No offence Neo-Genetic, but I think your'e wrong there.

There will be something even better coming out real soon...I gurrantee.
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:42
The GBA is the same as the GBC and more...it has graphics like the SNES and has classic games they're gonna make platform-ish games like B-K and Spyro.
Let your Bro' get the GBA,then you'll change your tune.
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
SCAMPS wrote:
> That was the best decision your brother has made so far.

I mean why the hell
> do people think it`s rubbish?
Even if the graphics aren`t quite as good as
> MD(they`re better) it still is a wonderful console.

A console? Hardly

It's a handheld piece of...um..well, you know...

They only class it in the console league b/c it's new, it looks cool. But the graphics...no way!

It looks like the gameboy colour in 3D, Not even the megadrive. I take that part back, when I said earlier it was like the megadrive
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:39
That was the best decision your brother has made so far.

I mean why the hell do people think it`s rubbish?
Even if the graphics aren`t quite as good as MD(they`re better) it still is a wonderful console.
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
A message to your brother:

It's okay I guess. I mean, not spectular if you think about it. It's nothing revolutionary. I played Tony Hawk on it, and the shadows and everything looked like the Megadrive graphics.

Trust me, it's not 32 bit...it is all a money making racket my friend.

Don't kid yourself.

If I were you...save your money dude. There will be much better things coming out soon.
Thu 29/11/01 at 10:31
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
The GBA is an excellent console so long as you buy the right games. Use your head, and don'y get stuff like Rayman, or Wrestling.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.