GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Murdering Mario"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 17:09
Regular
Mario annoys me. In fact, he must be one of the most annoying videogame characters of all time. What, with his "it's-a-me, Mario!", and his "here-we-go!", and all the other mind-grating catchphrases he comes out with.

So I've decided to kill him.

Firstly, I'd kidnap Toad, that spotty half-hobbit, half-mushroom thing. Have-a-go-hero Mario would of course attempt to rescue him, and thus he would fall perilously into my devious ambush.
With the aid of some Road Runner-type contraption, I'd snare the loathsome plumber and bind his holier-than-thou hands behind his back.

With Mario captured, I'd stand him up, take a deep breath, wind-up all my energy into my right arm, then unleash a withering uppercut - knocking the stumpy superhero into a Tekken-style twisting somersault fall. This sickening blow would render him unconscious.

Next, I'd whip out some shaving foam and an old-fashioned razor-blade, and as the Ninty weasel lay oblivious on the ground with twinkling stars spinning around his head, I'd gleefully shave off his god-aweful tash. A symbolic gesture of supreme dominance on my part.

With the once powerful Mario tashless and still unconscious, I'd roll into the scene one of those cannons from Mario 64. With the help of SEGA madboys Toejam & Earl, I'd load the chirpy blue and red fool feet-first into the cannon then wait.
As soon as I heard the nauseating tones of his bewildered awakening, I'd shove the cannon up against a brickwall, with the open end facing the wall.
Mario would come to his senses and shout from within the enclosed cannon: "Hey, whats-a-goin' on? It's-a-me, Mario! Let-a-me outta here!"
On hearing his pitiful cries for help, I'd give Toejam the nod to fire the cannon. Needless to say that Mario's thick head would impact the wall with such force that there would be nothing left but a bloody and mangled pulp.

Next, I'd take out Mario's headless corpse, sprinkle it with lighter fuel, and set it aflame.
The next day when his smouldering remains are nothing but crispy charcoal, I'd gather them up into a small box, wrap the box in glittery blue paper, then on Christmas Eve send the parcel with a note explaining the contents to:

SONIC
c/o SEGA Corporation.
Japan.

I'm sure the blue hedgehog would be more than amused.
Mon 07/04/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Don't tell anyone, but I quite like Mario too.... it's just that he sometimes get on my nerves, especially when one of his games frustrates the hell outta me.
Mon 07/04/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Inventive and funny :)

But I like Mario and am pleased to remember that while using 'Road Runner-type contraptions' it was always Wily Coyote that got his comeuppance and the Road Runner just laughed at him and ran away. Go Mario!!
Mon 07/04/03 at 09:30
Regular
"Laughingstock"
El Blokey wrote:
> ...weirdo.

I know. You don't need to tell me.
Sun 06/04/03 at 19:37
Regular
"I'm Great."
Pesonally I'd get rid of Tails. It's just his voice that really get's on my nerves.can't decide how to get rid of him yet though.

Not a bad post though. Bye bye Mario.
Sun 06/04/03 at 19:02
Regular
I couldn't have put it better myself.
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:29
Regular
Ha ha! Merry Christmas Sonic!
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:14
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
...weirdo.
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:10
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Sweeeeeet!
Sun 06/04/03 at 18:00
Regular
Blasphemy!
Take this man to Princess Peach's castle and have his teeth removed with a spanner!

Actually, that was very funny. :-) I dar you to post it in the Nintendo forum.
Sun 06/04/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Mario annoys me. In fact, he must be one of the most annoying videogame characters of all time. What, with his "it's-a-me, Mario!", and his "here-we-go!", and all the other mind-grating catchphrases he comes out with.

So I've decided to kill him.

Firstly, I'd kidnap Toad, that spotty half-hobbit, half-mushroom thing. Have-a-go-hero Mario would of course attempt to rescue him, and thus he would fall perilously into my devious ambush.
With the aid of some Road Runner-type contraption, I'd snare the loathsome plumber and bind his holier-than-thou hands behind his back.

With Mario captured, I'd stand him up, take a deep breath, wind-up all my energy into my right arm, then unleash a withering uppercut - knocking the stumpy superhero into a Tekken-style twisting somersault fall. This sickening blow would render him unconscious.

Next, I'd whip out some shaving foam and an old-fashioned razor-blade, and as the Ninty weasel lay oblivious on the ground with twinkling stars spinning around his head, I'd gleefully shave off his god-aweful tash. A symbolic gesture of supreme dominance on my part.

With the once powerful Mario tashless and still unconscious, I'd roll into the scene one of those cannons from Mario 64. With the help of SEGA madboys Toejam & Earl, I'd load the chirpy blue and red fool feet-first into the cannon then wait.
As soon as I heard the nauseating tones of his bewildered awakening, I'd shove the cannon up against a brickwall, with the open end facing the wall.
Mario would come to his senses and shout from within the enclosed cannon: "Hey, whats-a-goin' on? It's-a-me, Mario! Let-a-me outta here!"
On hearing his pitiful cries for help, I'd give Toejam the nod to fire the cannon. Needless to say that Mario's thick head would impact the wall with such force that there would be nothing left but a bloody and mangled pulp.

Next, I'd take out Mario's headless corpse, sprinkle it with lighter fuel, and set it aflame.
The next day when his smouldering remains are nothing but crispy charcoal, I'd gather them up into a small box, wrap the box in glittery blue paper, then on Christmas Eve send the parcel with a note explaining the contents to:

SONIC
c/o SEGA Corporation.
Japan.

I'm sure the blue hedgehog would be more than amused.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.