GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capcom To Do A Runner?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 19:04
Regular
Capcom are in the process of re-evaluating their position of GameCube format exclusives, Nikkei Business Daily, a respected Japanese financial analyst, today revealed.

With Biohazard and Biohazard Zero not living up to projected sales expectations, Capcom, the hugely famous and popular Japanese developer, are expected to reveal plans to change their Nintendo-exclusive policy for games like the Resident Evil franchise, making it a multiplatform series once again.

Proof of this move away from Nintendo’s dinky console can be attained by the confusion regarding Capcom games like P.N.03; Viewtiful Joe; Killer 7, et al – previously thought to be Cube-only titles, Capcom released a statement saying this was a mix-up within their PR department, and it was all a mistake: the games always have been destined for the three major platforms.

The big winner in all of this will be the PS2 in all obviousness – the console’s established userbase is a big unit shifter, consequences being that games sell innumerable amounts, making the developers very rich people indeed. Explains why Sony’s console is so attractive to developers looking to fill their pockets.

--------------------------

All of that was copied, including title, all I can say is BOO!
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:34
Regular
I think it is stupid to sign contracts to make games for one console. Sure money will be given developers to make games for just one console, but i cant believe that it can be as much as they would make if they sold the game on all consoles. Then theres the fact that a series from one games, like resident evil, can be made into a series, and if you keep that to a small comunity then many people wont think of the game series as a good game.

PS2 of course has the biggest user base, due to being older and also continuing from the fan base the original playstation made.

Unless your a company that actually is a second or first party for a console manufacturer, as then the obvious reasons for doing so.

I think people, and some manufacturers, expected big things from the GC. But because of the how bad the N64 did, and the seemingly "kiddy" image, and then the whole "PS2 was out first and i got that so cant get another" means that it can only rebuild what once was, and in my veiws and many others, a wonderful gaming company. This is merely the step foward to make a bigger fan base, nintendo GC will never sell as many as PS2, but the more they sell now, the more fans to be hooked, and the more GC2s will be sold.
Mon 07/04/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
You seriously think Capcom won't have a get out clause somewhere? It'll be alone the lines of Gamecube exclusive for a year, that's the way almost any "exclusivity" contract is done now the power has shifted into the hands of the publishers rather than the hardware makers.

You really think Capcom are happy with the sales? Don't be silly. Going from selling millions of coppies on the PSX they would have been wanting a lot more from the GC. A number of the titles may be rubbish conversions of older games, but these still would have sold three or four times as more on the PS2.
Sun 06/04/03 at 22:24
"Uzi Lover"
Serves them right for going Resi-mental.

Bad news for Nintendo though and Viewtiful Joe, that games looking good.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
Product Number 03, Viewtiful Joe, Dead Pheonix and Killer 7 are all being made specifically for GameCube and at the moment, nothing else. CAPCOM announced these titles won't NECESSARILY be exclusive - they will be ported to other consoles if sales fall below expectations.

Resi series is a contract, and Zero sold very well. It was the first one that fell below expectations.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The internet rumourmill never ceases it seems. It would take alot to break the Resi agreement, and as for the Capcom "exclusives" the current view is that they AREN'T being made for other consoles at the moment but the option is there if Capcom so wishes.
Sun 06/04/03 at 19:04
Regular
Capcom are in the process of re-evaluating their position of GameCube format exclusives, Nikkei Business Daily, a respected Japanese financial analyst, today revealed.

With Biohazard and Biohazard Zero not living up to projected sales expectations, Capcom, the hugely famous and popular Japanese developer, are expected to reveal plans to change their Nintendo-exclusive policy for games like the Resident Evil franchise, making it a multiplatform series once again.

Proof of this move away from Nintendo’s dinky console can be attained by the confusion regarding Capcom games like P.N.03; Viewtiful Joe; Killer 7, et al – previously thought to be Cube-only titles, Capcom released a statement saying this was a mix-up within their PR department, and it was all a mistake: the games always have been destined for the three major platforms.

The big winner in all of this will be the PS2 in all obviousness – the console’s established userbase is a big unit shifter, consequences being that games sell innumerable amounts, making the developers very rich people indeed. Explains why Sony’s console is so attractive to developers looking to fill their pockets.

--------------------------

All of that was copied, including title, all I can say is BOO!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.