GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Monkey Ball 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball 2'.
Sun 06/04/03 at 22:16
Regular
It's hardly unexpected, but SEGA have announced the second Super Monkey Ball sequel, strangely named 'Super Monkey Ball 3'

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4008

:D
Tue 08/04/03 at 19:26
Regular
Level designer, thats the best idea EVER.

Have to wait and see :D, it would be good if they can add one in, with a load of level peices.

Also enemys could be a good idea, then you could take two approachs. 1. find away around the level to miss them (for all the puzzle people) and then 2. just try and hit them off (the other kind of people) but i think many people would not liek this option as it is a game based on "puzzle" play, and adding enemys would make it turn more into "action".

Maybe GC - GBA connectivity could play a role too, maybe the gba makes the level and the GC tries to take it on, or maybe gba can plan the best route etc, anything lol.
Tue 08/04/03 at 12:05
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> If you win, you can upgrade your Monkey's Oval, to a more spherical
> shape, if you lose, it becomes more cubic, making it more difficult
> (This may not actually happen)

what do you mean "oval"?

its a sphere!

i am thining youo may have your tv set to the wrong format!
lol
they dont look oval on my copies!
Tue 08/04/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
This is all too quick! :S

I still need to get the Monkey Ball 2, first...

Looks like SEGA are gonna try and make this their own "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater/FIFA"-type-game, with a new one released roughly every-year.
But that'll ruin it. :(
Mon 07/04/03 at 22:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Level designers would be great.

As would enemies on some stages and stuff.

Just to annoy you even more.
Mon 07/04/03 at 22:13
"period drama"
I knew they'd put a spin option on it.
I was thinking about how useful it would be playing the second one.

How's about Monkey Cube (not a pansy little oval) where you have to snap off the joystick to flip it over once.
Could work ....
No, perhaps not.

And what about a level designer?
Seems pretty damned obvious to me.
Mon 07/04/03 at 20:56
Regular
If you win, you can upgrade your Monkey's Oval, to a more spherical shape, if you lose, it becomes more cubic, making it more difficult (This may not actually happen)
Mon 07/04/03 at 19:38
Regular
Yay i love the super monkey ball games, but i think they should slow down with the sequels.

They have done the same with crazy taxi, i just worry that they will just keep adding diffrent levels, more monkeys etc. Sure its a great game, and to begin with more levels will continue to sell the game, but it will get repetitive.

Also theres the whole thing of online downloading, never know, get a hard drive or a big memory card and then you will just need to download more levels, something they could think about.
Mon 07/04/03 at 17:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
John.J
"Pidgeon Caws Brother"

---

Pidgeon?

No such word.

And in other news stories, hurrah for SMB3! :-D
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:50
Regular
Yep.
Mon 07/04/03 at 12:18
Regular
Indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.