GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE CONTROLLER of NINTENDO GAME CUBE!!! IT IS SIMPLY GREAT!!!!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/08/00 at 09:52
Regular
Hey, check this damn cool controller!!! I am anxious to grip it in my hands. Nintendo has the best designs as always!!!
Open this link in your browser.

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/stories/screens/0,10865,2619272,00.html
Thu 24/08/00 at 09:52
Hey, check this damn cool controller!!! I am anxious to grip it in my hands. Nintendo has the best designs as always!!!
Open this link in your browser.

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/stories/screens/0,10865,2619272,00.html
Sat 26/08/00 at 12:54
It's not cool, if you like to play beat-em-ups.
Sun 27/08/00 at 22:32
Nintendo are also going to release the first ever WIRELESS controllers so you don't have to have any wires at all! This is official and more official info about GBA or Gamecube is on my Nintendo club at www.smartgroups.com/groups/Nintyrules
Mon 28/08/00 at 15:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't think the controllers look very good at all, every one said that the N64 had badly designed controllers, and they were so wrong, so I guess I might be wrong about this. Nintendo wouldn't have made it if it wouldn't improve our gameing capabilities or make room for new tecnology, i like the dreamcast memory card idea, mabe we can have that idea instaed of a bulky slot and heavy rumble paks!!
Mon 28/08/00 at 16:22
The Controllers are as bad as the N64 ones. And nintendo keep putting analoge sticks on! WHY? the digital pad is much better.
Mon 28/08/00 at 16:53
Regular
Nintendo has said that they have not released everything about the controller and there are many aspect of it missing. They have not put them in because of people copying ideas off them.
I expect they have missed the tilt mech, and the microphone.
Also I thought the n64 pad looked awful when it came out, but its real nice to hold.
Mon 28/08/00 at 19:06
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Edgy wrote:
> Nintendo are also going to release the first ever WIRELESS
> controllers so you don't have to have any wires at all! This
> is official and more official info about GBA or Gamecube is on my
> Nintendo club at www.smartgroups.com/groups/Nintyrules

First ever? Madness. There have been infra red available on the mega drive, and probably pleanty before even that.
Mon 28/08/00 at 22:38
OK, maybe I missed that but how many people with megadrives do you know with them? I don't know any! Secondly I was only a young age when megadrive was available (even though Argos have only just stopped selling the megadrives). Thirdly, did anyone mention infra red? I don't know how it works, it could be controlled by any number of signals!
Tue 29/08/00 at 12:34
Edgy wrote:
> Thirdly, did anyone mention infra red? I don't know how it works, it
> could be controlled by any number of signals!

To quote from the Nintendo web site: "An RF system is being used. The transmission distance is about 10m." This is the same Radio Frequency system that cordless PC mice and keyboards use.

Infra-red isn't really a good idea for console controllers, as you'd have to point it in the general direction of the console all the time, which ain't much good in the heat of the moment - some people wave the joypad all over the place unknowingly while they play.

Radio communication solves this, as you could be sitting with your back to the console and it'd still work...
Wed 30/08/00 at 17:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I know what you mean, I never useually get into the game that much, but I played Micromachines on the Megadrive the other day, and we had two infra red controllers, I had to lean over my chair so that the controller would be in a direct line to the sensor, and when I went round a corner I tried to turn but the car went straight off the edge because the controller wasn't inline!! terrible, it would be a good idea if the game didn't involve lots of presision timeing, a infra red fishing rod maybe, but not a pad, or maybe a light gun(which will be on the gamecube, but that would need loads and loads of betteries, so maybe not. the controllers don't look too bad anymore anyway, what's the matter with all of you. When you've bought one, then you'll be after a whole set, nintendo have probably made them with a gel underside so it fits your hands perfectly, and so you get the full feel of the game. We won't have any concrete evidence of anything Nintendo until the next show,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.