GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Live no Xbox Skive !!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/04/03 at 11:25
Regular
Iam i the only person in this lush land that when the xbox came out thought that it came with a broadband modem already incorporated into the console. But as i found out 2 days ago it in fact dose not come close to having one. Instead it has a ethernet card in it thats all. So when it came to going online for the first time the buzz was flowing i was in my prime i was finaly going to polverize some so called hardcore console gamers online (god had over plans for me) as i dint have the right stuff to get online sure i had broadband and sure i had an xbox but what xbox didnt tell me till i rang them up was that there was no broadband modem but you do have 3 options!! here thay are.

1.go out and buy another modem for your xbox cost about £150

2.go out and buy a router for your xbox so it can go into you computer cost £99

3.go out and buy an ethernet card and cable for for computer cost £30

so if you want to go online and dont have any of this stuff you have to spend at first £40 for the starter kit then £30 for the ethernet card and the about £10 for the cable then the £30 a month for broadband all coming to a total of £110 just to play xbox online (as if bill gates needs the money)
Wed 09/04/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
EXTERNAL **USB** ADSL MODEM FOR PC

£54.99

Cheapo!

Most people with broadband have a PC anyway so they'll already have the modem, and most ISPs provide you with a modem...
Wed 09/04/03 at 22:38
Regular
"accidental superher"
it really doesn't cost that much...the cables aren't expensive at all (just be sure to whether you need a cross over or direct)
the routers aren't that expensive...and if you're complaining they are then just network it directly to the pc...not hard...
Wed 09/04/03 at 18:54
"slightlyshortertagl"
Bullssshhhhiiittt

All you need is a crossover cable (£5-£50 - depending on length) and some common sense.

God Help you if you actually bought all that useless junk.
Wed 09/04/03 at 17:34
Regular
pffffffft

Modems do not cost £150.
Wed 09/04/03 at 17:32
Regular
"DS..."
Exactly what ive been saying all along (original post)as xbox live is just Too Expensive and that is why I beleive that allthough the GC won't have as many online games to start with it will persevere and will be more popular as the costs involved with getting the GC online are minimal and next to nothing when you compare it to the rip-off scheme that is xbox live.

I mean Microsoft are basically offering what youve been able to get via PC's for ages via online gaming services, the only real differences being the games that are available and the costs being more just because it's more glorified and bespoke, buy xbox live if u want to and can afford to but to you i say Meh, cos the GC is MUCH cheaper in the long run.

slik ~_~
Wed 09/04/03 at 15:02
Regular
I have said for a long time, I can't see every console user spending out on stuff like this. Sure, some users will - but like with tv, how many people are prepared to spend on Sky - how many people are prepared to pay out for XBoX Live equipment. That's if they can get a broadband signal in the first place.
Wed 09/04/03 at 14:50
Regular
That sucks but you can hardly expect them to include a cable modem with the console.
Wed 09/04/03 at 11:25
Regular
Iam i the only person in this lush land that when the xbox came out thought that it came with a broadband modem already incorporated into the console. But as i found out 2 days ago it in fact dose not come close to having one. Instead it has a ethernet card in it thats all. So when it came to going online for the first time the buzz was flowing i was in my prime i was finaly going to polverize some so called hardcore console gamers online (god had over plans for me) as i dint have the right stuff to get online sure i had broadband and sure i had an xbox but what xbox didnt tell me till i rang them up was that there was no broadband modem but you do have 3 options!! here thay are.

1.go out and buy another modem for your xbox cost about £150

2.go out and buy a router for your xbox so it can go into you computer cost £99

3.go out and buy an ethernet card and cable for for computer cost £30

so if you want to go online and dont have any of this stuff you have to spend at first £40 for the starter kit then £30 for the ethernet card and the about £10 for the cable then the £30 a month for broadband all coming to a total of £110 just to play xbox online (as if bill gates needs the money)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.