GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CAPCOM vs. SNK 3!???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 17:44
Regular
When I initially heard the news of CAPCOM joining forces with SNK to make the game CAPCOM vs. SNK, I was completely shocked, yet very excited. Why? Because never in the history of video gaming, have the deadliest of rivals teamed up to make a game that soon became the best fighter of the year.

The game hit the arcades and was a classic hit. What a success it was. Then it appeared on the Dreamcast, where everyone who owned a Dreamcast console eventually bought the game as well.

We are now getting closer and closer to the UK release of CAPCOM vs. SNK 2 for the PlayStation 2, and believe me, it’s looking like a dream. It will hopefully be out on Friday. That's right, this Friday, 30th November. I just hope that Ryu’s theme from the original Street Fighter series is there.
And would you believe something else…when the game was released in Japan, it was packaged with a third party modem - Obviously more expensive of course. I mean, nothing in this world is for free. Anyway, the game is also available as a stand-alone product as well, so if any of you have an import PS2, you will be happy to know that you can buy the game buy itself.

Well anyway…now that I have cleared all that lot up, here is the real deal. You ready?
Towards the end of development for the UK version of CAPCOM vs. SNK 2, CAPCOM announced that they would be making CAPCOM vs. SNK 3. But unfortunately, this might be an XBOX release before any other format. Maybe CAPCOM want to see the capabilities of the XBOX and maybe the responses they get from it? Who knows? Well, at least they have confirmed it for a PlayStation 2 release as well. Whether or not it will be on the Dreamcast, I have no idea.

So…CAPCOM vs. SNK 3 huh? What do you guys think about this then?
Tue 27/11/01 at 19:31
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
SNK is the "daddy" in many peoples opinion. NOT. Hardly anyone plays SNK games anymore. So Capcom wins doesn't it?
Tue 27/11/01 at 17:49
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I thought SNK went out of business just a few days ago?

I recently read something very similiar to that. Now that this has happened, it looks as if CAPCOM have rights to them. It looks as though we may never again see these characters in the same game again, but hopefully CAPCOM will think of something. After all, just think about the great responses it got from everyone.

They must be making number 3.
Tue 27/11/01 at 17:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I thought SNK went out of business just a few days ago?
Tue 27/11/01 at 17:44
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
When I initially heard the news of CAPCOM joining forces with SNK to make the game CAPCOM vs. SNK, I was completely shocked, yet very excited. Why? Because never in the history of video gaming, have the deadliest of rivals teamed up to make a game that soon became the best fighter of the year.

The game hit the arcades and was a classic hit. What a success it was. Then it appeared on the Dreamcast, where everyone who owned a Dreamcast console eventually bought the game as well.

We are now getting closer and closer to the UK release of CAPCOM vs. SNK 2 for the PlayStation 2, and believe me, it’s looking like a dream. It will hopefully be out on Friday. That's right, this Friday, 30th November. I just hope that Ryu’s theme from the original Street Fighter series is there.
And would you believe something else…when the game was released in Japan, it was packaged with a third party modem - Obviously more expensive of course. I mean, nothing in this world is for free. Anyway, the game is also available as a stand-alone product as well, so if any of you have an import PS2, you will be happy to know that you can buy the game buy itself.

Well anyway…now that I have cleared all that lot up, here is the real deal. You ready?
Towards the end of development for the UK version of CAPCOM vs. SNK 2, CAPCOM announced that they would be making CAPCOM vs. SNK 3. But unfortunately, this might be an XBOX release before any other format. Maybe CAPCOM want to see the capabilities of the XBOX and maybe the responses they get from it? Who knows? Well, at least they have confirmed it for a PlayStation 2 release as well. Whether or not it will be on the Dreamcast, I have no idea.

So…CAPCOM vs. SNK 3 huh? What do you guys think about this then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.