GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE FUTURE HERE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/08/00 at 22:29
Regular
With the near to beng launched PS2 in the UK and Microsoft waving their great big financial wallet about how much they're going to splash out on the XBox and Nintendo raking in Mountains of the World's youngsters money from that thing....yeah Pokemon, it seems Sega will not be able to match any of these companies financially for a long while - if ever. However, on the games front - as this is why we buy consoles - because we want to play games - it seems to me as if sega have - should have won already. So far, just 10 months since it's UK debut we've seen (the lucky few of us) such grounbreaking titles like Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2, Tony hawk's - with good graphics, Uefa striker, NBA 2K, ChuChu rocket and lots more. With forthcoming titles like Metropolis Street Racer - the most anticipated Dreamcast title yet, maybe more people will take notice of Dreamcast. Seaman - an interactive 'talk to a computer fish game' breaks new boundaries in innovation and great games like Virtua Tennis, Jet Set radio, Phantasy Star Online, Quake 3, half Life and many more just on the Horizon - Only a fool would dismiss any chances Sega has at getting back the mass market sales.
So in Japan, the PS2 is selling like no - other console around - but the games line-up is just poor - at best 'average. The Japanese buy PS2 for DVD usage mainly, and Sony is losing money rapidly, however it still has much more than Sega.
So, whatever happens in the near future, I hope and beleive Sega's White Box will survive and succeed - it certainly deserves to. maybe some killer advertising will help come XMas.
Who Knows?
Wed 23/08/00 at 22:29
With the near to beng launched PS2 in the UK and Microsoft waving their great big financial wallet about how much they're going to splash out on the XBox and Nintendo raking in Mountains of the World's youngsters money from that thing....yeah Pokemon, it seems Sega will not be able to match any of these companies financially for a long while - if ever. However, on the games front - as this is why we buy consoles - because we want to play games - it seems to me as if sega have - should have won already. So far, just 10 months since it's UK debut we've seen (the lucky few of us) such grounbreaking titles like Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2, Tony hawk's - with good graphics, Uefa striker, NBA 2K, ChuChu rocket and lots more. With forthcoming titles like Metropolis Street Racer - the most anticipated Dreamcast title yet, maybe more people will take notice of Dreamcast. Seaman - an interactive 'talk to a computer fish game' breaks new boundaries in innovation and great games like Virtua Tennis, Jet Set radio, Phantasy Star Online, Quake 3, half Life and many more just on the Horizon - Only a fool would dismiss any chances Sega has at getting back the mass market sales.
So in Japan, the PS2 is selling like no - other console around - but the games line-up is just poor - at best 'average. The Japanese buy PS2 for DVD usage mainly, and Sony is losing money rapidly, however it still has much more than Sega.
So, whatever happens in the near future, I hope and beleive Sega's White Box will survive and succeed - it certainly deserves to. maybe some killer advertising will help come XMas.
Who Knows?
Fri 25/08/00 at 01:06
SOMEBODY REPLY!!!!!!!!
Fri 25/08/00 at 12:08
Regular
"not dead"
I'd like to see the Dreamcast do well. I don't have one or intend to buy one, but I have a bit of a soft spot for Sega since I had a Sega Master System years ago. Why does nobody make games as good as the Wonderboy trilogy? 3 games all so different from each other thats progression. That's what sequels should be like....
Fri 25/08/00 at 13:52
Regular
What ever happened to Alex Kidd? That was such an addictive little platformer. I WANT A SEQUEL!!!
Fri 25/08/00 at 15:40
Regular
"not dead"
There were 4 Alex Kidd games, Miracle World, Lost Stars, High-Tech World and Shinobi World - how many sequels do you want!
Fri 25/08/00 at 17:31
Regular
I mean a new one, one on the Dreamcast or something. (By the way, wasn't there more than that?)
Fri 25/08/00 at 17:57
Dan i agree with you on the Dreamcast and now own over 20 games (i like it alot)but you are talking s***e over the most anticipated game on the Dreamcast is MEtroplois Street Racer you must have been CRAZY when you came up with that ,it has to be the best graphical game on any console yet including gamecube(judging by the gamecube),the game that changes everything that is of course Segas Epic adventure SHENMUE.I guess that one slipped past your mind ,if anything MSR is about 6th in anticipation rating,you got games like Quake 3 ,Half Life,Jet Set Radio,Phantasy Star Online,Virtua Tennis,Unreal Tournement,Soldier of Fortune and Ferrari F355,come on think about it a little more,you missed the to be greatest game ever created doing what Metal Gear Solid done for the Playstation,mark my words Shenmue an experience like no other.
Fri 25/08/00 at 18:29
Fish - I am not talking s***e. Metropolis Street Racer IS the most anticipated Dreamcast game - because Shenmue has already happened- it's been out for a year in Japan already. Yes I do know that this game will be HUGE and will probably be Dreamcast's best selling UK game - but it isn't due tilll Christmas so, in the short term MSR is on people's minds. And if you'd read my earlier posts - I even stated that shenmue would be amazing. Dreamcast has a loralora life let yet with such amazing games to come.
As for Alex the Kidd? What was that game with the little guy with the sword?
Fri 25/08/00 at 18:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Anyway, the PS2 is selling well, but the games are selling like rubbish- Sony posted a 13 Billion Yen loss from it's game division this quarter alone. Check out my topic about it, with loads more facts

Rav
Fri 25/08/00 at 20:43
Regular
No, that was Wonderboy...
Alex Kidd was the one a head that looked like a monkeys head and punched fish and stuff. He had a helicopter too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.